Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to pschaars951
Exclamation HELP - Stereo Wires

Ok, when i bought my car it had a fujitsu cassette dech lying where there is supposed to be a stereo. So today I got a Blaupunkt Tokyo. The Blaupunkt comes with all the connectors to go from the original Porsche connectors to the Blaupunkt. The only problem is all the wires behind the fujitsu were cut and spliced and I dont know what goes where. If anyone can help me figure out the color schemes for the wires -or at least point me to somewhere I can find them- I would loveyou forever.

Thanks
-pete

Old 06-07-2001, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Brandon85-944 Send a message via AIM to Brandon85-944
As far as I can remember , on my early 85 N/a mind you....there was a constant 12v wire ...which I believe was red with a fuse; then there was an antenna wire that is thicker and black with a white underneath; then there is a red wire with blue stripe that is your ignition wire...then a brown wire as your ground that should be paird with the blue and red wire.....and there should also be 4 pairs of speaker wires...

hope that was confusing enough...

Brandon85-944
Old 06-07-2001, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

There was a post on this very subject a few weeks to a month ago. Do a search. If I remember correctly, it was in pretty good detail.
Old 06-07-2001, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Try this link:http://reality.sgi.com/wws_corp/stereo_faq.html

It should answer all your questions

Mike
Old 06-07-2001, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Just had mine out when I put in new rear speakers and labeled them all so I'd know what they are the next time.

I'll have to pull the radio (no big deal) and write it down and put it up in a separate post. Probably can get around to it by tomorrow, if you're patient!
Old 06-08-2001, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CrazySOB
no1biscuit
Member posted 05-10-2001 06:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK here I go. The picture is not the best. The Red/Blue wire goes to the Ignition Starter. The other end goes to the Radio Relay Pos. Side of the the coil.
The relay's contact...
Red - Constant Voltage to Cig. Lighter
Red/White - Tied to Red comes from Fuse 7
Red/Green - Tied to Red and Red/White goes to Tach
When relay is pulled in Red/Blue Appears to get power and go to 2.5 which I am guessing it goes to the radio. The picture does not show.
I hopes this helps somewhat....
Thom

CrazySOB
Member posted 05-11-2001 02:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Thom
Here's what I ended up doing (just in case anyone ever has this trouble they can search)
Let's start with speakers: I had 8 wires, but they were paired up. To find where the pair went, I used the 1.5v battery trick. Then I marked them RF, LF, RR, LR.
Brown wire = ground
white wire = remote for power antenna
red/blue = ignition 12v power
red/yellow (which had part of a fitting on it, but useless to me I cut it off) = constant 12v power.
Now, this is a 1984 944na, yours might be different, because:
I had no red/white wire nor a red/green wire.
My thanks to Thom - you're the only one who tried to help

this might help, Steve

Old 06-08-2001, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: