Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread
Bay Area Patriot

Post pissing contest with a Honda guy about Porsches

ok as u can see i'm a lil pissed right now...I just got off the horn with a Honda guy that thinks he's so bad ass that he knows everything about Porsches. the moron doesn't even know what VarioCam is and he thinks that ALL 911s have an INLINE-6. OOOOOOOOK......i don't know how much E this guy chomped but he's moronic...not to mention he thinks 944s have V6s in them.

To add more to that, he says you can turbo a 914...which would be pretty stupid seeing that it would jack up the whole motor as well as be incompatible with CIS injection. I told him it MIGHT be possible but in order to do a custom job like that it would be the price of a 944 Turbo S in mint condition. He says that the 944 Turbo is slow compared to his Civic SI with only intake and exhaust and ignition....I've blown this guy away more than 2x after hitting 95 mph and he still rambles his mouth of like a prostitute that didn't get paid the night before....if there are this many stupid riceboys on this earth, than I can see all asian cars blowing up someday cause idiotic morons like him push their economical motors to the limits and weld the pistons to the cylinders cause of so much heat and over-boost.

------------------
Porsche. Es gibt keinen Ersatz.

Old 06-08-2001, 12:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #1 (permalink)

Garage
Cool

I know riceboys are morons, but look out for the fast ones. I though Civic suck but after I've seen this video it change everything! This Civic beats a 2000 Vett in real life. Download this video and see for your self. I got this movie at ganturimo.com heres the link to the topic: http://ubb.granturismo.com/Forum27/HTML/001413.html

This is the moive link. Something is wrong with the link now so keep trying on a later time. You guys have to see this movie!!

ftp://debian.vdi.net/incoming/Civic%20Eats%20Corvette.mpeg

------------------
PORSCHE There is no Substitute!

[This message has been edited by 88_944 (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 01:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to pschaars951
my best friend drives a Honda Civic SI. I drive it all the time. When one of us is spending time with our car apart we share the others car. The SI is pretty quick, but my 944 NA is faster, even off the line (I think. We have never raced -it is definitley close off the line, after that the 944 will kill it) Oddly the only performance mods he has done to his civic are intake, exhaust and ignition. I cant imagine trying to compare a 944 Turbo to a Civic... thats a joke. if you took the wheels off the turbo and drove it on the rotors maybe... maybe.

-pete
Old 06-08-2001, 02:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #3 (permalink)

Garage
given that the civic is lighter, and has a power adder like a Turbo or super, set to an eqivilent HP:weight ratio, the 944 would win.
it come down to 3 things off the bat
1. tranny. 944 tranny is geared for the engines powerband (more so than the civic)
2. drivertrain layout. with the 944 being rear wheel drive, you get the power down better
3. driver. "it's all the driver."
Old 06-08-2001, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #4 (permalink)

Garage
at my school i cant tell you how many hondas are in the parking lot. i have the only porsche there. it is so common to see civics and accords "riced-out". there are a few vw's here. my friend has a 91 corrodo g60 and that car is sweet. burn all hondas

btw, mechanically hondas are worse. my friend is a mechanic and he sees more hondas than toyotas, nissans and even hyundai's
Old 06-08-2001, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #5 (permalink)

Garage
I have to disagree, every import mechanic and parts salesmen i have ever talked to say they never see hondas except for routine maintanence. Honda makes some of the best motors and vehicles you can buy. I don't think that the attitudes and images of the people that drive a large percentage of hondas should be allowed to degrade the quality of these autos. It's not real hard to get 300-400hp out of an Acura Integra, and I dont think you can ask for much more than that from our 944's without spending twice as much.

[This message has been edited by porsche1987_944s (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #6 (permalink)

only reason the mechanic sees more hondas than toyotas or nissans is because their are more sold.

More population=more in the garage, doesn't mean the reliabilty is down.

similar to saying Canada is a safer place to live in the states...well there is more population in US which means more shootings, but doesn't mean more shootings per group of people.

Obviously at a garage a guy is gonna see more hondas than porsches, because their are probably 15 porsches in town and 9000 hondas in town!
YOu gotta have reasonable statistics such as "average" reliabilty of each honda, IMO 924s are much less reliable than any honda, i only know about 4 people out of like 5000 i have seen on boards etc that actually have working driveable 924s.

[This message has been edited by AMCPorsche924Powerhaus! (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to pschaars951
Hey EGS, I dont know if you were saying that the civic is lighter, or that the only way it could compete would be if it were lighter, but if i remember correctly the civic wieghs more than the porsche, 200+ pounds more. Me and my friend did all the calculations to see the hp ound of our cars. The porsche is a ton better.

-pete
Old 06-08-2001, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #8 (permalink)

Garage
2-dr civics

1991 civic
base 2,127 lbs.
dx 2,255 lbs
si 2,284 lbs.

1995 civic
cx hatch 2,108 lbs.
dx hatch 2,178 lbs.
dx cp 2,231 lbs.
vx hatch 2,094 lbs.
ex cp 2,443 lbs.
si hatch 2,390 lbs.

1999 civic
cx hatch 2,359 lbs.
dx hatch 2,388 lbs.
dx cp 2,359 lbs.
hx cp 2,370 lbs.
ex cp 2,513 lbs.
si cp 2,612 lbs.

Old 06-08-2001, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #9 (permalink)

Garage
according to the Honda website http://www.honda2001.com/models/civic_coupe/features.html ,the EX (since the Si is not listed) is 2553. according to The Watercooler http://www.cantonia.com/specifications.html , the lightest 944 is 2637.

thanks blackfoot.
e

Quote:
Originally posted by pschaars951:
Hey EGS, I dont know if you were saying that the civic is lighter, or that the only way it could compete would be if it were lighter, but if i remember correctly the civic wieghs more than the porsche, 200+ pounds more. Me and my friend did all the calculations to see the hp ound of our cars. The porsche is a ton better.

-pete

[This message has been edited by EGSMachine (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hoff944
What is he doing calling you on the phone? I take you mean incompatible with the 914's CIS because the 930's used CIS.
Old 06-08-2001, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #11 (permalink)
Bay Area Patriot

Did I ever tell u guys what happened to a guy's Honda Civic SI that was twin turboed? I was at the illegal drags and this guy was blabbin his mouth off that he could blow away my cousin's red 1986 944 Turbo (Autothority MAF, K-27 Turbo 16 psi boost, Nology Ignition system, GHL exhaust and headers, wide fire head gasket, fuel pressure regulator, big bore throttle body and weltmeister short shift mods).

Anyways, they lined up, the girl flagged them both to take off, and my cousin took off with tires screeching a lil bit while the Civic was just smoking everything off the line, all of a sudden about 100 yards away I see a flash, and some fire....it came from the Civic. The guy had overboosted and blown a rod clean through the block. The oil leaking from it was on fire. As if it was anything against my cousin from the start, seeing that my homeboy already had a car length lead on him a second after they left the start. Riceboy got out of his car, sat on the curb and cried....then the cops showed up and we all bailed...

Happy story for Porsche, freaking greek tragedy for the Honda. Riceboys have to remember there's always A BETTER MOUSETRAP.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #12 (permalink)

Garage
that's a nice story, but at import drags it's usually the same story: hondas & dsm's rule. but that's significant only if you drag.

i wouldn't trade my 250 hp 951 for a 425 hp eclipse. but it would be fun to drive it once!

Old 06-08-2001, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #13 (permalink)

Garage
I had a similar experience two weekend ago here in Colorado. Single turbo Eclipse with all sorts of funnly looking fibergalss all over it ran the strip against a newer Camaro SS, the eclipse had him till he over did it and blew his motor, flames and oil everywhere. From the looks of it these small economy cars just can't handle the stress of all these mods. The best honda at the track was an older civic with a Chevy 350 conversion.
Old 06-08-2001, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #14 (permalink)
Bay Area Patriot

Shaun you need to quit smoking grass and make ur car look like it can go 200 mph by pushing your back bumper in now, next add some turbo stickers and make your wing 2 feet higher.

muhaha

------------------

[Note: This message has been edited by lordgrommit]

Old 06-08-2001, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #15 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: