Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Red face valve spring compressor for 924?

hello,

i can't seem to find the "proper" valve spring compressor for the 924 valve springs. does anyone know where i can find one of these? the Haynes manual says you need a special one.

thanks!

obin

Old 06-06-2001, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

i used a hydrualic press and a hollow cylindrical pipe (an extender or coupler) with a diameter a tad smaller than the lifter bores, with a home made ushaped cut out at the bottom to get at the keepers, and and plastic wrapped around it so to not scrape the bores,
And with a magnet and pliers going through the u-shaped cut out when the valves popped out, i pulled the little keepers right out, with some practice i got going faster at it....but i think you can get the spring compressors at perfermoance products in the tool section of the magazine.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

obin,

made an adapter to fit a craftsman spring compressor. It was basically a cylinder as powerhaus suggested with the pipe but I had an opening in one side for the keepers.

found out that a big C clamp works easier than the spring compressor.

drew1

Old 06-09-2001, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: