Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smile Homemade boost enhancer

I got to looking at the Lindsey boost enhancer the other day, cause my waste gate is week, then ran across just about the same thing in a McMaster-Carr catalog. Needless to say $10.87 later and about 3hrs on a lathe I had my boost enhancer. Checked it out with some pressure gauges and it seemes to work just fine. Gona put it on the car in a day or so. Will post the results soon. Before and After.

Old 06-08-2001, 01:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

KC-

Could you post the pn from McMaster Carr and what you did on the lathe? I have access to a lathe and am willing to experiment.

tnx
Dave951M
Old 06-08-2001, 02:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Lightbulb

The part #48935K35. I took and made a new half for the side that isnt threaded to fit into the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler. You will need to be able to cut new threads, 12x1.5 and 5/8x24. Use an end mill to get the spring seat right. On the other end I used a brass reducer and bored and taped it, seems to be useable. Hooked it up to an air supply and checked it with a couple of gauges. Gona try it out soon. Once you check out the part # you will see what I was thinking. Page 362 the bottom of the page.

Old 06-09-2001, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: