Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest she is fixed

Ihavent been here in a while, but my 944 is now up and running, the water pump got replaced by a mechanic in town and he let me help him do it and it only ran me half the price. I am still 1000.00 in the hole but the red docket should be good for a while.

I want to say thenaks to all of you who helped me get a "clue" so i didnt look like a fool helping this guy. It was definately not a job i could have done on my own. Those little celophane gaskets on the ballance shaft rollers are interesting.

Why is there no confermation mark on the startere fly wheel on some of the 944's I was looking forever.

Any way thanks yall for the help

later

jeff
Old 09-29-2003, 02:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
There is a TDC mark on the fly wheel Jeff. Just a scratch compared to others I've seen.

I take the cover off of the bottom of the bell housing and rotate the flywheel till the mark is at the bottom. I use a piece of white chaulk to fill in the mark so I can see it in the top hole next to the sensors.

Do hope you got the balance shaft pulleys back on the correct way. There are two keyways in each. If not the engine will have a high pitched vibration at idle and really be churning at 4,000 rpm.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: