Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Oktoberfest and Porsches

Hello everyone!

After the successful first North County Porsche Run, the Temecula Beer & Wine Garden and Stone Brewing (http://www.stonebrew.com/) have invited us back! Sunday, October 5th, starting around 12:00 pm, all Porsche owners are invited to show off their cars in a special reserved parking area and to partake in some Oktoberfest style fun. There will be kegs of Paulaner Oktoberfest direct from Germany on tap as was as your local microbrew favorites from Stone Brewing. There will be a live band performing and bratwursts will be on the grill. Admission is free. Special parking is reserved for all models of the Porsche Marque. So let's celebrate all things great from Germany... Great beer, bratwursts, and PORSCHES!!

The Temecula Beer and Wine Garden is located on the NE corner of Front St and 6th in Historic Old Town Temecula, in Southern California. More information about Old Town Temecula can be found here http://www.temelink.com/oldtown/

The first North County Porsche Run included a nice drive through the scenic surrounding areas. I do have a drive scheduled for this event! So, if you wish to drive your Porsche through some beautiful twisty roads and parade them down the main strip in Old Town on our way to the Beer Garden, please RSVP me at TonyBray@pacbell.net. Maps are available and will be provided via e-mail. The drive is open to any year and any model Porsche.

Please forward this event notification to any list or group that I may have missed.

--Tony Bray
Old 09-29-2003, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Don't know why this was posted here. Looks like it's just for "real" Porsches.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
On the last run, we had 2 early 912's, 2 912E's, 1 924, 1 944 Turbo, and several 914's. I personally have owned 4 944's, 1 Euro, 1 Std, 1 944S, and 1 88 944 Turbo. I love the 944's and therefore have no problem inviting them to go driving with us! BTW, my early 912 has a 2.0 Type 4 transplant from a 914 in it. So I am not a concours weenie or a traditionalist by any means. Come on out and enjoy the drive and some good beer at the end.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Can I drive the wife's 85 Toyota? Seems this is a family weekend at her parents in Temecula. If there were not four of us full sized adults (the wife, son and his friend) I would drive the beat up 944.

Yes I could leave the 15 year old at home but it's his birthday week end at his grandparents. At least I get some cake and ice cream out of the 3 hour drive.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Hugh,

Family is more important than a Porsche drive. Don't worry, we will have more and you will be invited again. 3 hour drive to Temecula? From where?
Old 09-29-2003, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
To and from Costa Mesa. About 1.5 hours each wayin the loaded Toyota. Coming back on Sunday evening is the pits. Had it take almost 3 hours. I can do this is about an hour in the 83.

Naw. I had my 83 for three almost four years before the current marriage. the wife knows the 83 is my first love.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: