Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post St Louis area

Anyone within a couple hours of St Louis, MO. interested in getting together to talk Porsche and show off their cars? I live just across the river in Illinois. Any takers?

Gipper

Old 06-03-2001, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States of America, Earth
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Allldi
Thumbs up

Gipper, I live in south Saint Louis county, and I think Geoff Baltz lives in the Saint Loius area too. Geoff, are you up for meeting sometime? Anybody else live around Saint Louis? Gipper, are you a Porsche Club Of America member? If not, you should join the Saint Louis Region if you like to have meets and stuff like that. They are really nice people who like to enjoy their Porsches and are really technically knowledgeable. In fact, any Porsche owner who enjoys his/her car will probably enjoy being in the Porsche Club Of America.

------------------
Ryan
1991 944S2 coupe
Old 06-03-2001, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Just got my car a little while ago and have not yet joined the PCA. I have been considering do it though, and most likely will. I am considering trying some autocross and figured they are the best way to get into it. I live across the river in Belleville so anywhere in south county would be pretty close to me.

Gipper
1987 944S
Old 06-03-2001, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
You live in Belleville? That's cool. Small world. My grandparents live in Belleville. Brian Daubach is my first cousin.

------------------
Ryan
1991 944S2 coupe

[This message has been edited by Allldi (edited 06-03-2001).]
Old 06-03-2001, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey there are a few of us out west here in KC. Maybe we could all get together in Columbia or somthin????
Old 06-04-2001, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I would be up for meeting in Columbia somewhere.

Gipper
Old 06-05-2001, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

Sounds great to me! When and where? I live in South City Area.

I just got my membership card from the PCA about a month ago.

[This message has been edited by geoffbaltz (edited 06-05-2001).]
Old 06-05-2001, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

It would have to be in like after the 10th of next month for me. We've got a plant shut down the end of this month at work. Don't know about PCA out there but I kind of got the cold shoulder here in KC. Them there folks was just a tad to uppity for me. lol,,,
Old 06-06-2001, 01:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hey Guys! I live 15 miles from Carbondale Ill. Check out the Tweeks site. They are having a Porsche fest in Effingham Ill. next month. It's a really good time. They are expecting about 500 cars this year. I'll be there, and I think Hoff 944 will be there too. All of the guys from the St. Louis chapter were there last year.

Hope to see you there!
Old 06-06-2001, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Hey, I was there last year also. Got some killer floor mats real cheap, match my int. and have Turbo on them. Gona try and go again this year, Its the 21st and 22nd of July.
Old 06-07-2001, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Be sure to look me up! I've got the baby brother to Wolfpri's car
Old 06-07-2001, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
For all you guys in st. louis, let's meet Sunday somewhere to get this started....how bout it...

-g

------------------
Geoff Baltz
'86 944 Turbo
Old 06-08-2001, 01:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Sunday works for me...any suggestions for when and where?

Gip
Old 06-08-2001, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Forest Park?...Union Station? Anyone interested in doing this?

Gipper
Old 06-09-2001, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Well gonna post this here since you guys are local......I am thinking about selling my car. Any of you guys know of anyone interested in a low mileage 944S let me know. I can take pics if need be. You can email me if ya want. bgip@msn.com

Gipper
Old 06-10-2001, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Question

What happened? I go out of town for a few days and when I get back, I find out that everyone is planning on meeting! Did anyone meet today? Gip, you wanna sell you car already!? Didn't you just get it? How can you not be hooked? It's a Porsche! Anyway, that's cool, it's your car you can do what you want with it. So, what did I miss? Are we gonna meet? I'm probably going to go to the Tweeks Fun Fest too.

------------------
Ryan
1991 944S2 coupe

[This message has been edited by Allldi (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001, 12:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

didnt manage to get anything together this weekend but still game. Selling the car is just in the thinking stage at this point! Not sure I want to sell it or not. Anyone interested in trying to get something together this weekend?

Gipper

P.S. Plan on making the Tweeks event myself.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

I'm still game for meeting anytime. However, I would prefer that we plan it at least a week in advance because I have a pretty busy summer planned. Plus, I only have time to check this board about three or four times a week and I know that everybody else doesn't check it every night either. So, at least a week or so of planning would be good for everyone. So, any ideas of when and where?

------------------
Ryan
1991 944S2 coupe
Old 06-11-2001, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Exclamation

Does anyone want to get together Sunday for a drive? Weather is supposed to be nice. I would really like to meet some of you in person. I have some cool routes we could take to clean out the carbon - if you know what I mean.

-G

------------------
Geoff Baltz
'86 944 Turbo
http://www.ninefiveone.com
Old 06-14-2001, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I wuld love to....unfortunatley I have to work this Sunday. I am free friday and Saturday though!

Gipper

Old 06-14-2001, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: