Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Opinion on Rear porsche sticker

I just removed my ratty stone guards and a very sad rear porsche sticker ....

Whatcha think..

New sticker?

or

No sticker (seems a bit classier to me)

or

??
Old 10-07-2003, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Replace the sticker

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
No sticker!!!
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-07-2003, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
i like the sticker on white cars. do they make red ones for black cars?

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ds475
No Sticker.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
I don't like the sticker. I'm thinking about removing mine and painting the Porsche script on the rear spoiler body color. I think it would work well with my car's exterior color.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 10-07-2003, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I removed the sticker and the turbo emblem when doing a full repaint, and after the new paint I did not end up sticking either back on, it looks nice and clean without them.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Re: Opinion on Rear porsche sticker

Quote:
Originally posted by TCMdocs944
I just removed my ratty stone guards and a very sad rear porsche sticker ....

Whatcha think..

New sticker?

or

No sticker (seems a bit classier to me)

or

??
Just curious...how did you remove the sticker? It did not want to come off cleanly when I tried to peel off one of the corners. So, I stopped....

Any ideas?
Old 10-07-2003, 10:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I've just had back of my Alpine White 944S redone, and without either badge or sticker the car looks awesome! I have since however purchased and installed the new items and the back of the car now looks awesome as well as being spot on.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner !!!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I vote sticker on.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-08-2003, 03:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
i think you should not only put the sticker on, but order 2 extra to put under each door... and a giant Porsche crest decal for the rear window! Ummm and some V-Tec stickers, and a Type-R badge, and maybe a Mugen decal for the top of the windshield

Seriously though, the cars look great either way. Go with your heart.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 10-08-2003, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Let's go shooting.

I found that when I removed the ratty sticker on my silver car the sun had bleached the exposed paint so that the original paint stood out to good effect underneath. I must confess to being somewhat flamboyant with the944 badge just underneath of the hatch. I moved it from the right to the left in order to cover a stonechip.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-08-2003, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

"I don't like the sticker. I'm thinking about removing mine and painting the Porsche script on the rear spoiler body color. I think it would work well with my car's exterior color. "

Thought about that! kinda like the idea.

I figured we would be split on this one...

I will post a really good faq/post with pics as soon as I get my home internet back on..

I used a heat lamp ($2.75 for the bulb at wal-mart) attached to my long cord shop light.
I scraped with the rounded straight edge of a spark plug gap setter ($.75) at the auto parts store.
I got the residue off with pocket lighter fluid (army ceremonial guard trick for removing residue without damaging surface).
Rubbing compound for the "ghost" of 944 left by oxydation.

All of that was because 20 years of florida sun had baked and cracked the stickers to hell.....really an ugly sight.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: