Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to jetmax Send a message via Yahoo to jetmax
Question Airbag Dash removal, need help!

I've read the non airbag documents and already have experience in taking off the center console, steering wheel, glove box, pillar covers and center trim with all the switches.
What I don't know is what info I need to know to take off the passenger airbag. Do I take the dash off with the airbag, take the airbag off, disconnect the wire harnes, and where any of this stuff is I should be looking for.

John
944S2 Cab(soon to fix that cracked dash)
Old 10-08-2003, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Airbag Dash Removal

Removing the airbag dash was guite easy. The only difference is that you need to disconnect both airbag wires from the back. They are visible only once you have removed the glovebox.
Now I just need to remove my airbag dash and install the one I removed from a parts car. 2 removals, 1 install... I'll be a pro after this
Old 10-13-2003, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
So your putting a NON airbag dash in an airbag car? Sounds interesting....Any you can get some good cash for those airbags when you sell them.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 10-13-2003, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

No, I'm putting in an airbag dash. My dash is cracked and I just pulled out an airbag dash from a parts car. Now I need to pull out my airbag dash(cracked) and put the in the one I just removed form the parts car.
Not sure if I'll keep or selling the BLUE driver and passenger airbags at this time.

Last edited by jetmax; 10-13-2003 at 07:41 AM..
Old 10-13-2003, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

how much did you pay for your airbag dash? I need one. mine's cracked too
Old 10-13-2003, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I can't really tell you how much the dash was because I got a bunch of parts. Dash w/airbag, steering wheel w/airbag, center trim with switches and clock -no VDO or climate controle, glove box, front 4 way power black leather seats, bottom rear seat (didn't get the top part of the back seat because it won't fit on the convertible), door pannels, carpet, MAF sensor, both cams, cam tensioner, cam cover, and to cap it all off the Design 90 rims with Perelli 8000 tires 3/4 tread left. All for $1,400. I'd say I got a very good deal, wouldn't you.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

what was involved with the passenger side airbag? did you have to remove it in any way or can it just be left in place while the surrounding dash is replaced?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

You just need to disconnect the two wires (same type as behind the drivers airbag) that are on the back of the pass airbag. Then you can just leave it in while you remove the dash.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Make sure you disconnect the battery and let the system discharge for a MINIMUM of 30 minutes before messing with the wiring on the airbags.

The airbag is designed to be removed seperate from the dashboard. there are a few bolts behind the glove box that facilitate removal. They are usually held in by T-30 bolts.

Always store an airbag padded side up, in a static electricity free environment - ground yourself before you handle an airbag if you are in a dry climate (or in winter time when static is a problem)

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-16-2003, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

excellent! (I love this board) thanks to both of you for the advice. I was pretty sure that the removal could be done without having to disturb with the passenger 'bag. and the info on the electrical issue will come in handy too (can you say 'poof')

Old 10-16-2003, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
(can you say 'poof')
I can say 'poof' but over here it means the same as your expression 'fag.'

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-16-2003, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Skies
I can say 'poof' but over here it means the same as your expression 'fag.'
LOL, and here fag means, well, fag (and not cigarette )
Old 10-16-2003, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: