Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Bay Area Meet/Drive Saturday October 25th

It's been awhile since we've had any local activity in the Bay Area so some folks on Rennlist and I figured it's time for a meet/ride.

Here are the details:

When: Saturday October 25 9:00 AM
Where: Union 76 Station on the corner of Saratoga and Saratoga-Sunnyvale in Saratoga.
What: The plan is to drive up Hwy 9 to Skyline (Hwy 35), Take Skyline to the 84 intersection, Park across the street from Alice's Restaurant for photos, idle banter, bathroom use, food, drink etc., go down 84 to the coast (Hwy 1), take 1 to 9 and end back in Saratoga.

This will give you a general idea of the route.

I figure this will take a few hours so it will not be an all day ride. Any suggestions, comments etc. are welcome.

Here are some images from the same route on last year's NorCal Pizza Run.

Hope to see you there!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to lilwolffeman
hey just give me a call when you guys are leaving, i live 10-15 minutes away from that 76 station. btw i just found out about this earlier at school, some guy just came up to me and said he has an '88 944 and that there's a meet.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
lilwolffeman,

People will probably start showing up at 9:00 AM so there's no need to call, just show up if you want to go. We'll most likely be leaving around 9:30. Hope you can make it.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

sweet, i'll definetly try and be there that early. oh yeah, my bro wants to come along on the ride, he has an '84 celica supra or he might ride a motorcycle.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Guys and Gals,

The meet is less than a couple weeks away. For those of you that don't know, the roads we are taking are frequented by motorcyclists (some of whom frequently hit triple digit speeds, pass in no passing zones, and show off their riding prowess by engaging in wheelies and stoppies), slow moving trucks, clueless drivers who chat endlessly on cellphones and others who might make this drive hazardous. In addition to the aforementioned dangers there are quite a few hairpin curves, blind corners, and uneven pavement surfaces as well. Being a member of the motorcyclist community I have known some bikers that have been seriously or mortally injured on some of these roads.

As i have originally posted the solicitation for this event and also in light of the recent tragic events that transpired among the BMW community in Southern California (read about it HERE ) I would like to ask that everyone attending please plan on obeying all traffic laws, posted speed limits and above all drive within your ability. If you don't feel you can do this or feel as if you might compromise the safety of others please make this drive apart from the group or not at all. If someone decides to do something stupid I take no responsibility.

It's unfortunate that we live in a day and age where I have to post this but if it can prevent a possible occurence that's even remotely as tragic as the above mentioned incident than it's well worth it.

Thanks for listening and see you there!

Last edited by Oi-Punx; 10-13-2003 at 08:02 PM..
Old 10-13-2003, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

bump
Old 10-20-2003, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

bump again, 3 days left
Old 10-22-2003, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: