Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to ds475
Loose/Noisy hatch

my hatch used to make SOOO much noise, especially in first when the car vibrates a lot. it sounded like the whole car was fallling apart, so i wanted to see if i could tighten it down by screwing the cone shaped male end of the hatch lock in, to pull the hatchdown tighter. anyway, i found out those don't move, so i took of the actual locking mechanism, and put a washer on the outside most bolt in between the body and the locking mechanism to make it seal tighter. works like a charm.

Note: i tried two washers (one on each bolt for each locking mechanism) it made the hatch too hard to unlock. one washer on the outer most bolt makes it so it kind of "wants" to open...

easy fix, and makes the ride MUCH more enjoyable... if your car has a LOT of rattling... probably your hatch... at least, that's what mine was...
Old 10-08-2003, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

On my 86 N/A, the cones screw in and are locked with a nut. Sounds like you did a good job making it work with the washers.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ds475
i thought mine were just locked with a nut, but i couldn't turn them (with the nut loose)
Old 10-08-2003, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
the first time i had to adjust mine i used the nut to break them free.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: