Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool 944 Clutch installation

The service representative at Pelican parts suggested I post on this site for my question. Would anybody know of a qualified Porsche mechanic in the Boston, MA area (not part of a porsche dealership). I need to have a new clutch kit installed on my '88 944 and certainly not impressed with the estimate I am getting at the Porsche dealer. I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank You.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 1fastredsc
Well, your in the wrong place, this is a 911 engine rebuilding forum, the 944/951/968 forum is seperate. As far as your question, the dealer always charges more than it should be but, 944 clutch changes are always pricey because to do the job the trans must be dropped, then the ref sensor (which aren't easy to get too) must be removed, then the torque tube must be moved back along with the entire exhaust (except the header) being removed, then the clutch can be changed and the flywheel must be cut/resurfaced, and lastly everything must be put together.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: