Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest Flywheel lock, gear puller, other tools.

I've ordered the parts to do my water pump and all belts. (and heater valve) Where does the flywheel lock get installed, and is there such a thing as a universal one that any local wrench might have? Im gonna replace the rollers too.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Don't know if there is a universal flywheel lock, other than using a screwdriver or pry bar. But the Porsche flywheel lock gets installed where the starter mates to the bell housing. Meaning that you remove the starter and bolt the lock using the starter bolts.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 10-10-2003, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Scott
Old 10-10-2003, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Michael,

you use one starter bolt threaded into bellhousing and in the other hole use a bolt AND nut.

I couldn't find a nut to fit starter bolt so I just used a generic 3/8 bolt & nut.

'44 starter is very easy to pull; maybe mine was super easy as no slave cylinder to work around

Have a cut up coathanger to hang starter from. Also disconnect battery to avoid arc-welding
Old 10-10-2003, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I guess I'll be looking for a f-wheel lock. I dont want to take any chances! Thanks for advice
Old 10-12-2003, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: