Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to 944freak
350 rw hp

I'm trying to decide what to do to get to my 350 + rwhp mark. Should I go with a Vitesse stage II kit or what are my other options. I like the GURU stage II MAP kit... what could I do in conjunction with that to achieve my goals?

Old 10-15-2003, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'd avoid the map kit because of there aren't many others attaining #'s that you have in mind. I for one can attest to the lack of customer service that Guru has. I ordered a set of chips that were "on the shelf" and "would ship that day" so that "I could have them by the weekend. It took exactly one month to receive them after many unanswered phone calls and e-mails. It was only after a stink we raised on the rennlist web boards that Danno decided to overnight them to me. Do yourself a favor and do a search on the rennlist boards under the 924/944/951etc. board and the 944 turbo board. There is a ton of unhappys, he may have things straightened out but I don't plan on recommending them to anyone. You may also do a search about the HP Kit, many have paid for them but haven't recieved anything but unfulfilled promises. The maf kits have been around for a long time and have produced awesome #'s lindsey's digital maf system is a great bang for the buck purchase at $1,200, you can also look at SFR or H.R. I don't know too much about vitesse's kit, but I have heard good reviews, especially about his cust. service.

recipe for 350+rwhp:
big injectors
bigger turbo
maf kit or custom chips
more boost!
and therefore a better wastegate, upgrade you stock one or replace with a tial or deltagate, sfr has adaptors to make it a bolt-on job. Lindsey can modify your old one, some others are also
Old 10-15-2003, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Highbosst is dead on,
I have done everything he has listed there, I have an adjustable fpr, both maf (tuner as well) and chips(weltmeister, but I think other chips would work better), 55 lb injectors, kkk27/6 hybrid, shimmed wastegate (more boost - 18 psi)

I have 303 rwhp and 316 ft lbs (dyno tested every step of the way).
the thing that really did it for my fuel deprived car was the injectors, 3 peak hp but 39.1 rwhp gain and 58.9 ft lbs gain in the curve (no joke). The exhaust will really put me within spitting distance of 350 rwhp. (Once I reach that I will do suspension). My car is one of the very early 86's and has 95,000 miles on it (just turned over, sooo sad). If that helps you any!

He forgot two things, the adjustable fuel press reg. and EXHAUST
the only thing really holding my car back is the cat and small downtube (which has now buckled inside and won't stop rattling), so I recommend a 3" exhaust minus the cat and you'll be set

good luck,
the Kid.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
emw, out of curiosity does your k27/6 hold 18psi to redline (I'd love to see one of the graphs btw)and if you don't mind sharing where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Also, if you don't have a collapsed downpipe going to a full 3 inch shouldn't make that much of a difference from a 2.5 inch. The real restriction in the system is the cat.

While I'm at it, is yours one of the 86 turbos that doens't have the 3rd brake light? Mine's an "early 86" turbo as well, but not one of the really early ones, so I don't feel like it's special enough!
Ahmet
Old 10-16-2003, 01:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

with the shim I do believe it holds at 18-19 psi, it's hard to pay attention at that rate of speed.
I got it from a fellow racer who has a 968 turbo.
I bought it for $1500, including the turbo, the MAF, and the chips.

the downpipe is double walled as you know so I think it will really help, but the cat will indeed help the most. but dyno's will verify all that.

Mine does have a third brake light, they became mandatory by law, sometime in that first year and had older ones fitted with them, which I think mine was. Or I'm talking out of my a$$ again! (I think I read that from a post on here a long time ago)

Old 10-16-2003, 02:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: