Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Angry This car is a pain in the arse in traffic

I drive 40 miles to work one way taking the 5 fwy in almost bumper to bumper traffic. This car aint fun repeatedly rowing through 1-2 gears (if I am lucky I get to 3). It also has no power below 2500 rpm so it really sucks. I have learned that this car is really geared and is happy on higher RPM and high speed. Too bad I rarely get to enjoy its speed in So. CA traffic. Once I get the belts changed, I am taking this baby to Vegas!

Old 10-16-2003, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Where in Irvine?
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-16-2003, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Aliso Viejo. However, I am currently in Escrow over at Lake Forest and it would be a 5 minute drive to work instead! (that's assuming I dont get laid off at work). Fluor Daniel is really starving for business and just barely surviving.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Fluor. Too bad it's not Haliburton.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ok, how the heck do I create a signature here? I went to 'user profile' and did not see an option? Do I need to post more?
Old 10-16-2003, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
Fluor. Too bad it's not Haliburton.
There are supposed to be some jobs for Fluor in Iraq but not huge ones that Haliburton or Bechtel has, mainly table scraps. Even if this project got started, most likely the engineering work will happen NOT in California but either Canada or Manila, Philippines.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
User CP / Edit Profile

7th entry down.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by esanmiguel
There are supposed to be some jobs for Fluor in Iraq but not huge ones that Haliburton or Bechtel has, mainly table scraps. Even if this project got started, most likely the engineering work will happen NOT in California but either Canada or Manila, Philippines.

Oh yes! A "jobless" recovery!
Old 10-16-2003, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

The 944 comes alive and displays all the grace and prowess of the Porsche design at 70. I regularly commute between Las Vegas and LA in both of my p-cars. I also get stuck sometimes between Van Nuys and Redondo in the Sepulveda pass. Yes, a pain in the arse. But one that still gets admiring glances from the domestic jelly beans, new rice and eurotrash also stuck in the same mess.

Like the potential is so glaring, everyone else wonders why they didn't think of getting a p-car.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
take the tollway?
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Yes, all the cars have a transponder in them.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by singpilot
The 944 comes alive and displays all the grace and prowess of the Porsche design at 70. I regularly commute between Las Vegas and LA in both of my p-cars. I also get stuck sometimes between Van Nuys and Redondo in the Sepulveda pass. Yes, a pain in the arse. But one that still gets admiring glances from the domestic jelly beans, new rice and eurotrash also stuck in the same mess.

Like the potential is so glaring, everyone else wonders why they didn't think of getting a p-car.
I used to drive from lakewood (105) to Van Nuys (405) in the mornings, it was a 25 min drive. 4:00 pm it was at least 1:45 min. Brutal.
'86 951
Old 10-17-2003, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
Todwic ...............
It is about that time for the Fresno anual migration of the rat festival. A week long event? Remember, long pants and duct tape them to your boots.

PS . Don't eat the mystery meat on a stick.
Tell me more, tell me more!!!
'86 951
Old 10-17-2003, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
least common denominator

esanmiguel,

Why don't you do what I did, buy a cheap econocrap car with good A/C and auto trans.?
Make more sense to me that burning up my expensive P-car clutch and if you spend a bunch of time in a bumper to bumper traffic the odds of getting rear ended are very high.

Dunno... maybe because I'm old I don't care what car I am seen driving in or what other people think. I suppose that is why I don't bother fixing all the dings and scratches, my 944 runs great and it is fun to drive and that is it's primary purpose to me.

Not trying to flame ya just don't see the 944 as a good commuter car.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Last edited by scottmandue; 10-18-2003 at 11:39 AM..
Old 10-18-2003, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
Todwic ...............
It is about that time for the Fresno anual migration of the rat festival. A week long event? Remember, long pants and duct tape them to your boots.

PS . Don't eat the mystery meat on a stick.
ROAD TRIP!

L.A. to Fresno - who's in?

BYOR = Bring your own rat.

Are handguns allowed or is it just pocket knifes taped to a broom handle?

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: