Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to donuteater
Ok help again please.

Im learning quickly what everyone is talking about headaches with 944's. I though ti had my no start problem fixed but it started not starting again. So I changed the DME with a brna new one. Bought a used computer. Switched everything out and it still wont start. All my grunds seem to be fine. I have fire at the coil and at the injectors. What can i check next guys. Thanks.

Old 10-18-2003, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Have you tried putting a booster cable onto the negative (earth) pole of the battery and clamping the other end onto the thick brown ground wire that clamps to the firewall? Despite the ground looking shiny and lovely it often ups stumps and refuses to play on. If it starts with a booster across it then you ought to reroute an earth strap from under the firewall connection to the battery direct.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-18-2003, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

What else have you eliminated from the possible causes?

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-18-2003, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to donuteater
I am goin going to be checking hte fuel system but the car has a new fuel pump. ANother mechanic i talked to said that it might be a bad oil pressure sending unit. The reason why this would cause it to not start is because the sending unit hass to tell the computer that there is oil pressur then the computer tells the fuel relay to turn the fuel pump on. He said without a wiring schematic he was just guessing. What do you experts think? But to answer your question the only thin i have eliminated is the DME and the computer along with i have fire at the injectors.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

i am almost possitive we dont have that kind of sending unit safety option.
so its cranking, you have spark but its not starting? to eliminate the obvious: you have added gas to it, right? if you spray fuel in the intake does it run at all?
i would guess fuel pump relay. they frequently go bad
-what year? auto/manual?
Old 10-18-2003, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I had a similar problem, everything was fine and it just wouldnt start after 2 days of p1ssing about I discovered the loose connection to a sensor and it started right up.. Check all your engine bay sensors and their connections, it worked for me.

"Don't listen to me, I dont know what i'm talking about"
Old 10-18-2003, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: