Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Mystery Wire

I have a 87 924S (build 11/86).
During inspection of the engine, I found a wire hanging down that looks like it should be attached to something.
The wire is in a loom with the wires that go to the oil pressure sensor. It is yellow and has a molded plastic end that attaches to a bullet connector-- there are also location features on the outside of the plastic connector (to hold it in place).

I've checked around the area physically and have not seen a corresponding bore with bullet connector. The wiring diagram does not offer assistance either.

Is this wire a leftover from another variant that uses this engine/wiring harness or should it be attached to something.

Thanks!!

Old 10-18-2003, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The wire is one of a bundle that runs along the right side of the engine. I can only see one end of the wire. The other end is ?? best guess is DME connector since that is where the oil pressure sensor wires go....
Old 10-18-2003, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to lilwolffeman
i have 2 mystery wires on the driver side of the car. here are some pics
really don't know what they are. any help appreciated.

Old 10-19-2003, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

so this might be what is wrong with my a/c? if so where do they go on the condenser?
Old 10-19-2003, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thik he might have to install a condenser too as the other item hanging down is the hose that goes to it.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-19-2003, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
mmmm... look at that frime goodness....

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

that's how it was when i got the car. thanks for the advice, i'll look into the color of the wire when i get the time to.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Have not found a temp sensor on that side of the engine. Expected to find one tapped into the thermostat housing but did not. There is a temperature sensor on the left (driver's) side of the engine near the water pump. There is a flat plate on the front of the thermostat housing. My friend's 924S has a fitting (he says it is an overflow tube) in this plate but mine has nothing. Should there be a sensor somewhere around the thermostat?
Old 10-31-2003, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
Gary, Look on the right side of motor on the oil pan to the rear there should be a triangular shaped housing that has 3 screws mounted on the side of the pan. This is where that wire goes. Some cars have this level sensor and some don't but the wire is still on the harness. If you do not see a single pin-male on the pan at the that triangular mount then you don't need it. This location is apprx 4-6 " above the fins on the oil pan on the passenger side.....Still lost let me know and I will try to give a better description.....Sman

Old 11-01-2003, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: