Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to ds475
The tube between the intake manifold and air flow sensor

where can i find that tube?
mine has tiny little cracks all over it.
seems like replacing it could only help.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
it's the Intake boot. Pelican sells it. You could get used, but there's really no pt. in it. Just buy a new one.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

i'm really cheap, and pelican seems like a rip off, know any places that would have better prices?

any other place that sells porsche parts would interest me...
Old 10-20-2003, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by ds475
i'm really cheap, and pelican seems like a rip off, know any places that would have better prices?

what is the part called on pelican? air intake boot?
  • Pelican (specificly: Wayne the owner/dictator) provides us with this wonderful bbs, I would be remiss to not mention that they also sell parts
  • Pelican also has a policy (or sale) that if you find a better price, they'll match it. I dunno if this is all the time or an annual thing.
  • Zims is in texas (yes I spelled it with a small "t"), you could prolly save $4 and go pick it up at the will call window
'86 951
Old 10-20-2003, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Most of the other places that seem "cheap" get you with the mysterious "handling fee" or the "sales tax". I rarely search around unless it is over $100. Pelican usually is tops when all this is factored in, not to mention very, very quick service.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:

Let me first to say it's not very cool to come to the Pelican BBS looking for help and slam the people paying for the site.
If you don't like pelican why don't you go over to Rennlist.com.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

so, it's not ok for me to like the forum/people, and dislike the store? is that one of the deadly sins or something?!

not to mention, is it wrong of me to voice my opinion? i sure don't care to hear yours...
(unless it's pertaining to our cars...)

Old 10-21-2003, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Whoa, can someone grab the fire extinguisher?

_ No one shop is going to be the greatest all the time. Pelican has really good prices one some stuff and also has parts that you really can't find other places easily. Plus they provide the BBS, which rocks. There are a couple of local shops that I get parts from, but Pelican is a good first place to look when shopping online.

If it ain't broken, drive it until something is.

Have you spent quality time with your Engine Gnome lately?

Defend Your Joy
Old 10-21-2003, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
so, it's not ok for me to like the forum/people, and dislike the store? is that one of the deadly sins or something?!

not to mention, is it wrong of me to voice my opinion? i sure don't care to hear yours...
(unless it's pertaining to our cars...)

I buy Toyota parts from Pelican also. Fix the wife's car.

The prices at Pelican are very competitive. The local German car speed shop has problems matching them.

You are free to get parts where you want too.

Have you heard about www.rennlist.com? They have a 944 BBS too.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

We use to enjoy and comensurate with the misfortunes of Overkill.

Overkill learned form this board. But alax, Overkill no longer visits us.

Instead, we now have DS475 to display the ignorance of youth.

And we really liked Overkill.

So go on DS475, wind the piss out of your motor, drop the clutch, and smoke them tires. But don't come whining to this board, seeking advice on how to fix your car, all the while biting the hand that feeds you.

Speaking of ghosts, where's Frank B when you need him.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

well, criticize me as you will, but just for the record... i never take the engine past 5000, gentle as hell with the clutch, and i have yet to spin/skid with my tires.

why does everyone want me to go to rennlist?
my opinions raise your already high blood pressure?
Old 10-21-2003, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
It's like going to your local ma and pa pharmacist who takes great care of your friends and family. You ask him all sorts of info and spend his time for your benefit at no cost to you. Then you tell him "You're too friggin expensive. I'm going to RiteAid and buy my Exlax."

I ordered from all the big suppliers and Pelican is the best. They will talk to you, work through problems, get parts to you immediately, and fix any screw-ups without any hassle (of which I had only one in almost 6 years). Vertex and Auto Atlanta couldn't even get close to the class act Wayne runs.

You are getting slammed because we are loyal to a company that takes very good care of us. We get a little touchy when you throw the term "rip off" at something you know little about, like customer service.

Not to mention all the FREE advice you are getting on the Pelican BBS.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
well, criticize me as you will, but just for the record... i never take the engine past 5000, gentle as hell with the clutch, and i have yet to spin/skid with my tires.

why does everyone want me to go to rennlist?
my opinions raise your already high blood pressure?
Salt....I need salt!
'86 951
Old 10-21-2003, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Wow, Sounds like DS475 has replaced me. Except for he sounds a bit like a little p*ssy (not meaning to resort to name calling). But honestly, what's the point of owning a Porsche, if you never play? I mean just because you run the tach out to redline or you get a bit too much oversteer and spin doesn't make you a bad person. Just as long as you don't do it foolishly and on crowded streets or where there might be children to behead.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Pelican is a business. if their prices arent competitive then people shouldnt use them. they ARE and thats why they are still around. the BBS is great but shopping out of loyalty (esspecially when you're buying porsche parts) is just irresponsible
Old 10-21-2003, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
I have one. and a K&N style air filter.

you want? please PM me for details. I'm a cheap parts whore

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 10-21-2003, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Brando! Got a couple of control arm bushings (front arm, rear bushing) that's in decent shape? Anyone? Gotta fit an '86 951.

Look, if I am willing to pay another ducet or two to get amenities that aren't found elsewhere, or are superior to anyone elses; that's not irresponsible, that's getting a great service for a fair price. Fair, of course, is in the eye of the buyer. While I may feel that the occasional higher price is fair compensation for an awesome bbs with intellegent and smartypantsy type people, ds475 is fully within his rights to buy elsewhere. I'm a loyal guy, and I take that loyalty into every facet of my life. Wayne has my loyalty because he provides a service (many, actually) that, to me, is a priceless, at times. I couldn't have rebuilt my 2.5L had it not been for input from Juvy, SoCal, britwrench (mostly criticism, some of it helpfull), gordon kept me company, scott threatened to come over and steal my J.D., none of these guys I would have ever had contact with had it not been for this bbs. Not everyone has made such helpfull connections, and I don't expect them to be as loyal as I am. I don't fault ds475, or anyone else for that matter) for finding the cheapest price or best quality somewhere else. Speaking of which, I get my caps and rotors from Zims. They sell Bosch kit with both for $45. You just can't beat that.
my 2&cent

'86 951
Old 10-21-2003, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

i'm a *******?
wow.
i need not say more, but i will anyway.

all i said was "...pelican SEEMS like a rip off..."
(i don't actually have fact to back this up... so therefore i didn't say it WAS a rip-off, hence the reason i asked for OTHER stores that sell porsche parts)

the correct/tactful answer to this would have been as follows:

"well, it is not a rip off, they are actually quite competitive prices for OEM porsche parts. they have great customer service, and I wouldn't go anywhere else!"

instead, i'm called a *******. i don't know WHERE that came from.

not to mention, when you also reminded me of the forum they provide (which for some reason slipped my mind), i remember how i like to support honest, quality businesses.

i will most likely buy my parts from pelican.
i can't believe the load of crap i had to take to have some opinions given to me.

maybe rennlist would be a better place to go...

but i have the feeling that the combined mass of intelligence/knowledge here greatly outweighs rennlist
(not to mention i like you guys (and gals)...)

although, i don't feel very welcome anymore... maybe i should make a new name...

oh yea, i don't run my baby to redline, because it is the ONLY mode of transportation i have... it's an old engine, i don't want to overstress it, why risk blowing it all?...

for example, i have to share about my friend wrecking his POS camry going too fast for that car to handle around a turn. in return he totalled his ONLY mode of transportation, not to mention he had spent all his money purchasing, fixing, and insuring that vehicle, all for a thrill.
HARDLY WORTH IT.
i'm just responsible with my toys... and i give it the respect an 18 year old car deserves/needs...
(if it had a rebuilt engine, i would enjoy it to all of its capacity)

i need to get as many miles out of that engine as i can.

gearhead290, you sir, are an idiot.
(i don't mean to resort to name calling... but that was due)

also, gearhead, i noticed in your signature...
"87 944 n/a-broken...again. Surprising isn't it?"
not really THAT surprising by the sound of things...

Last edited by ds475; 10-21-2003 at 10:28 PM..
Old 10-21-2003, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

gearhead290, you sir, are an idiot.
(i don't mean to resort to name calling... but that was due)

also, gearhead, i noticed in your signature...
"87 944 n/a-broken...again. Surprising isn't it?"
not really THAT surprising by the sound of things...
At least we agree on some things. You are welcome here, man. Don't let comments get to ya.
'86 951
Old 10-22-2003, 01:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
i'm a *******?
wow.
i need not say more, but i will anyway.

all i said was "...pelican SEEMS like a rip off..."
(i don't actually have fact to back this up... so therefore i didn't say it WAS a rip-off, hence the reason i asked for OTHER stores that sell porsche parts)

oh yea, i don't run my baby to redline, because it is the ONLY mode of transportation i have... it's an old engine, i don't want to overstress it, why risk blowing it all?...

i'm just responsible with my toys... and i give it the respect an 18 year old car deserves/needs...
(if it had a rebuilt engine, i would enjoy it to all of its capacity)

Old 10-22-2003, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: