Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to fty
Couple cool pictures...

The last one is hilarious..-enjoy-chris

Old 10-23-2003, 11:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Nice road sign. Maybe the driver was driving too fast to read it?
pictures
Old 10-24-2003, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

looks like that sheriff is getting his jollies with the latest seizure. any idea where the last picture was taken?
Old 10-24-2003, 12:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

the first one was taken in Sweden....the second one was taken in the states...I think its an arizona car..Its a TURBO too -chris
Old 10-24-2003, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

the first two I figured just like you said, but it's the last one that has me curious to its whereabouts
Old 10-25-2003, 02:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I wish i knew......its hilarious
Old 10-25-2003, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

i think that sign in right outside a village

Old 10-25-2003, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

well if that's the case, he did obey the sign, didn't he?

Old 10-25-2003, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

I wish I had a pic to show a lucky escape I had. I was sitting in traffic in the Porker (which I'd bought only a day before) bumper to bumper on a road passing right by some university grounds lined with really tall trees. Anyway ... just as there was a surge of movement in front I heard this really loud crack overhead - I just instinctively knew it was bad news and floored the car to occupy the space cleared in front. The woman in the car behind took up the space I'd just left and her car was immediately flattened by a HUUUUUGE tree branch - just a foot or so from my car. She lived but everybody was really surprised because her little Fiat was like a tin can that someone had stomped on.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-29-2003, 02:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

what a coincidence. when did that happen? we had a bit of a windstorm in the western Washington area yesterday afternoon. about 100,000 people were without power (me included) for most of the night and in one park on the southern end of Whidbey Island one person was killed and another injured when a tree fell upon their car
Old 10-29-2003, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
what a coincidence. when did that happen? we had a bit of a windstorm in the western Washington area yesterday afternoon. about 100,000 people were without power (me included) for most of the night and in one park on the southern end of Whidbey Island one person was killed and another injured when a tree fell upon their car

Oh ... this was quite some time back - 1995 I think it must have been. It doesn't get much closer than that though. Well ... come to think of it ... being flattened by a tree is pretty close.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-29-2003, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

when I came home last night I saw a branch about 8 feet long that landed just ahead of my parked BMW. whew
Old 10-29-2003, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

a contractor once crushed my pa's boat while cutting down a tree. landed right in the center. we called it the banana boat after that.
sad thing is the contractor didnt have any insurance.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

wow, that is bad. I hope the guy is still paying today though
Old 10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

yea i dont think my dad made him quite pay for everything. it pretty much ruined him though. i think the community is better off, someone could have really gotten hurt in an accident like that

Old 10-29-2003, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: