Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

So. CA Timing Belt Party - Pictures

Pictures are at Rennlist:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95509

Old 10-27-2003, 01:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Cool pictures. So thats what you all look like.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-27-2003, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by AFJuvat
Cool pictures. So thats what you all look like.

AFJuvat
It's interesting to see how far out your preconceptions of people are. I'd always imagined SoCal to look a bit like Grandpa Walton.

Maybe we should post a thread where everyone uploaded a pic of themselves just for a laugh?

Manute has me down as some kind of chinless wonder with a monocle.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-27-2003, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Great Day!

Eric, Frank, everyone! Great day, was great to put a face (and in one case, more than just a pretty face) to the screenames. Everyone pitched in on the belt party. I had to leave early to get to a luncheon.

Very informative day, and a chance to see the Krikit in action.

A chance to hear a funny sounding 944 as well. Nicest conversion I have ever seen. Is so rare to see someone that really wanted to do it right; no wonder it is the poster child for the 5.7 litre crowd. Makes you want one.

The Turbo S (even with the NASCAR spoiler sunroof and the speed-door mod) makes you want one. The really clean Red and another primo Black 951 make you want one. The size of the massive head on the 944S makes you want one.

Eric..... You and I with the NA's... well, I'm still happy with mine, I know you are with yours, now that it has new belts.

Great day! Lets' do it again!

Michael--
Old 10-27-2003, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Skies
It's interesting to see how far out your preconceptions of people are. I'd always imagined SoCal to look a bit like Grandpa Walton.
More like the Pillsbury Dough Boy -- a bit over weight and pasty. Adult asthma does wonderful things to a once healthy body. Guess I could look worse for 54.

I'm the one in the light yellow shirt -- two pictures.

Frank was in for a surprize when I pointed out how worn his water pump was.

Sorry I made it later in the day. Would have loved to spend more time wrenching.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
More like the Pillsbury Dough Boy -- a bit over weight and pasty. Adult asthma does wonderful things to a once healthy body. Guess I could look worse for 54.

Eh. I figure that at 54 you're allowed to relax a little in the food department.

Asthma sucks. My wife's cleared up when she moved over here. I bet the climate in So. Cal doesn't help much.

Actually ... you look like a copper.

Water pump trouble is such a pain to discover - especially if you've stripped down to get at the belts only to find you're going to have to come back again later. Why Porsche couldn't have stuck them on the outside I don't know.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-27-2003, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

least common denominator

Sorry I missed you folks, I work Saturdays so Sundays tend to get piled up with stupid stuff I got to do. Letís do it again soon, with all those 944ís surely someone could use another T belt job. Technically Iím about ready for one myself (hint) I have less than 30K miles on it but more than three years.

I went out with a girlfriend to dinner (we took the 944) and I told her I was going to have to take my car in for a checkup (new belts, roller, seals, whatever) and It would probably run me $1000. She says I should have her friend who does all the work on her Chevy (he hates Fords, are you out there Todd?) look at my car. I tell her itís a Porsche and Iím not sure he would have the tools to do the job. She says he used to work at Lomita 911 (a big Porsche shop here in town, quoted me $1800 for the T-belt job, no doubt they were planing to put new everything on the font end)
Very interesting.

-Scott; the cross post whore here...
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Socal.... Dark skies is right you do look like a cop .....

Great pictures... its nice seeing so many cars together. So how did the kriket tool work out by the way?
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 10-28-2003, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to daveimme
Quote:

Sorry I made it later in the day. Would have loved to spend more time wrenching.
Awww, so I had to join rennlist just to see what this SO. Cal guy looks like! U know how it is......yak back and forth for a bit and get an idea what one looks like, then wham! blown clear of the water! I didn't know your age earlier, and 'assumed' you were younger than me (I'm 45).

Yeah, asthma sucks! Several of my kids have it and a few years back in Florida on vacation once, one had a real bad attack and scared the $hit out of me, literally! Almost freaked out there..then ambulance arrives. NEVER want to experience that again! Every time we go dirt bike riding, I bring the nebulizer in case......never can be too careful.

Looked like a nice little party there...I kinda feel that I would be embarrassed to show my car at one of these (hood shocks shot, hatch shocks shot, hood release cable is right in front of the front tire, noisy lifters (next project once I can afford all the lifters)I know, I know....but the money I do get for this goes to what makes it run/ride better......

Sounds like a good time was had by all, 'cept that lady with the hammer!
83 Suzuki LT 125 (4 wheeler) (wife)
92 Honda XR 80 (son)
97 Honda CR 125R (son)
98 Honda CR250R (MINE)
2000 Kawasaki KX 65 (son)
2003 Honda XR 50 (Son and daughter)
Old 10-28-2003, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Julie, dahling!

Actually, watching her with the hammer was the best part of the day! She was the first one to dig into every project.

Hope her boyfriend wasn't too mad about the dent in his car.

I couldn't imagine having a girlfriend that LIKES/WANTS to go work on the p-cars. She even comes equipped with fangs.

Denia! If he dumps you, let me know. I have some p-cars you could work on.

Last edited by singpilot; 10-28-2003 at 11:33 AM..
Old 10-28-2003, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by daveimme
Awww, so I had to join rennlist just to see what this SO. Cal guy looks like! U know how it is......yak back and forth for a bit and get an idea what one looks like, then wham! blown clear of the water! I didn't know your age earlier, and 'assumed' you were younger than me (I'm 45).
"Age is a state of mind". I don't know who said that other than it is obvious that he still had a heatlthy body.

I've had other ideas what I should look like too!

My asthma hit me like a ton of bricks when I was half way on a 40 mile bicycle ride in the middle 1980's. The fellow I was with had to leave me and go get his car. Was all I could do to keep a decent breath.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Re: Julie, dahling!

Quote:
Originally posted by singpilot
Actually, watching her with the hammer was the best part of the day! She was the first one to dig into every project.

Hope her boyfriend wasn't too mad about the dent in his car.

I couldn't imagine having a girlfriend that LIKES/WANTS to go work on the p-cars. She even comes equipped with fangs.

Denia! If he dumps you, let me know. I have some p-cars you could work on.
Lol. Funny. By the way, I really like your container for extra oil inside the engine compartment. Now that was not origninally made for that right? If not, that's pretty cool and creative idea.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I'm off the hook.....

Yep, the '83's didn't have the big cover across the back of the compartment, so the oil holder naturally fit there. I think I got it at a NAPA parts store. Holds that quart perfectly. You know, we don't have much of a trunk for those kind of things, especially if, like me, you have speaker boxes in the slots back aft.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

do you have to be a rennlist member to see the pictures?
Old 10-28-2003, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPants
do you have to be a rennlist member to see the pictures?
You don't have to be a paying member, you just have to register with their site, it is quick and painless (and free)

You don't think cheap $OB's like me and SoCal would be posting over there if we had to cough up some change do you?

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
What would Darth Vader do

Send a message via Yahoo to Gordon Rankin
I was too ashamed of the crud on my car to go..( actually, I really enjoy sleeping in..)
NEVER put a used water pump in your car...
Old 10-28-2003, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Gordon! You already had an extra hour that morning!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by scottmandue
You don't have to be a paying member, you just have to register with their site, it is quick and painless (and free)

You don't think cheap $OB's like me and SoCal would be posting over there if we had to cough up some change do you?

I'm only cheap when I'm broke.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

too bad you buggers are so far away. I would have loved to be there. my belts could use a redo soon. but now that things are getting a bit heated up in socal it's probably better to stay home
Old 10-29-2003, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
I'm only cheap when I'm broke.
for me that's de rigeur

Old 10-29-2003, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: