Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to FLA944 Send a message via Yahoo to FLA944
Unhappy Sat for summer, now won't start

Well,

Due to the cooler temps, returned to my ongoing project after finishing another project. (anybody wanta buy a '90 miata for their GF?)

It was running great after putting together and got shelved. Now it will not start.

Replaced all relais provided by Juvy. Checked the back of fuse/relay panel and assured all connections OK.

I have voltage @ the coil, spark at the plugs, voltage @ the injectors. re-seated speed and referance sensors. I do not have an alarm installed so that part of the circuit is clean.

Fuel pressure 35-40, compression 160+ and holding.

??? should fire up.

Strange Stuff: "Fasten Seat Belt" light illuminates when key inserted into ignition. Light turns off and brake light illuminates when turning over.

The O2 sensor goes to a 2 pin connector and from there splits with 1 wire going to this crumbling thingie on the fire wall. What is that? ballast Resister? Does not show this in schematics.

Any ideas?

Rick

has never left garage (yet)
Old 10-30-2003, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I will check again. I cheesed together a guage as it did not have a correct adapter to screw in to the rail.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry it took a while FR, 1 sold miata.

Checked vac @ 5- 10inHg With the elbo from the afm to throttle body removed and large hoses not plugged.

Also, removed and filed grounds at the firewall, battery, threaded post on body where battery ground is attached, and the ground bundle near left front light well.

Also checked timing marks @ flywheel,cam, upper balance shaft. Removed cap inspected rotor and cap.

Still the same. Sounds like she wants to fire but nothing.

I dunno.

Rick

Old 10-30-2003, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: