Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Head Gasket. going... going...

Topped up oil today as it was a bit down, tiny bit of mayonaise type substance in cap (few speckles). Same in coolant, few speckles.
Naturally I suspect the head gasket...

The car is running absolutely fine, just passed recent emissions test with flying colours, although it was left running for over an hour without moving that day (could this have caused the speckles?)

If it is case, how long have I got before speckles turns to spoonfulls, how bad is this for my engine, and how easy is it fix on an S2? and should I consider getting the polo (see below) back from my friend?

Also, car still jumps when moving slowly, reversing and turning at the same time...

Any ideas on the above would be much appreciated... Thx guys

( )'92 Renault Clio 1.4 :

Old 11-02-2003, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It would be either your head gasket or your oil cooler seals.

Since the car is running fine, I would suspect cooler seals are more likely.

Not good at all for the engine and should be fixed right away. - not too difficult to do at home, just very time consuming. If you search, there are a few messages with "how tos" already posted.

Jumps when moving slowly, reversing and turning?? please explain.

If the Elise isn't for daily driving, you may want the Polo back for a few days.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information

Last edited by AFJuvat; 11-02-2003 at 04:46 PM..
Old 11-02-2003, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Water is a poor lubricant. Nuf said.
Drive the Elise!

1991 944S2 Rally #951 Rally-America.com
Old 11-02-2003, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
thanks.

Won't be driving the elise this side of March now as it has no roof! Also it is, without question, strictly a track car on account of the cut slicks, ridiculously hard suspension and the fact that it can and probably will go under most other vehicles on the road! (Ever tried stopping with slicks on wet leaves?)

The 'jumping' is literally that, the entire car seems to jerk (maybe it's slipping) to one side. It does it nearly every time and if I hadn't checked about ten times already I'd swear the wheels were loose!
It almost feels like ive driven over something small and hard like a diamond and the car has just lost traction for a split second....

( )'92 Renault Clio 1.4 :

Old 11-03-2003, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: