Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to ds475
Latch to pop hood - BROKE

ok, the latch inside the car that you pull, to pop the hood, broke. i can no longer pop my hood to plug in my radiator fans... this isn't good. not to mention, under the hood is a relatively important place to be able to access... i'd rather just rig up the wire so i can pop the hood, because the old assembly seemed cheap (since it broke) but i can't believe how much strength is required to hold the wire sleeve in order to be able to pull the wire to pop the hood. i attempted to hold the sleeve and pull the wire, and it didn't move a millimeter. any ideas? anyone got one of the levers from a parted out car?

Old 11-02-2003, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You can buy the handle and the frame that it goes in here at Pelican Parts. This was the first fix on my 924S.

1991 944S2 Rally #951 Rally-America.com
Old 11-02-2003, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
crow bar
Old 11-02-2003, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

use some scissors to hold back the sheeth and use some pliers to pull on the lenght of wire still there. It'll take some muscle, but you can do it. I did that for about a month before I realized that little plastic lever and housing assembly is like $20, less if you just need the lever or housing.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

This just happened to me. You need 2 people. Get under the front of the car on your back, and look up behind the radiator, you will see the latch assembly. Look for the thing that the cable attatches to. Now, have your partner push down on the hood in the middle where the latch would be to release pressure on the assembly. While they are pushing down reach up with either your hand or a screwdriver and push the thing that the cable attatches to to the LEFT(drivers side from your position). It should unlatch. This will at least get your hood open. Hopefully you can follow what I said.

Mike
Old 11-03-2003, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ds475
well, currently, i have to pop my hood, and plug my radiator fans in... apparently, i put years of use into that pos holder... i just keep it under 3k RPM's... until i get my new thermo-switch and hood popper assembly...

Old 11-03-2003, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: