Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
I thought highboost951 was known as the "buggery bandit" in the U.K

www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 11-06-2003, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969
I thought highboost951 was known as the "buggery bandit" in the U.K

the expression you're groping for is 'arse bandit'.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 11-06-2003, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by highboost951
dark skies, did I spell/say bugger right?
Aye.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 11-06-2003, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Back on topic,
The groan is caused by air getting into the pump. You should also see some foam in the fluid when the car is making the noise. The air is coming in from the pickup line going to the pump and being pushed through the system.
When the air is pushed through the pressure relief valves inside of the rack it can cause the internal springs to shatter. There is one relief valve for each direction. If one was to shatter it would result in no power assist in only that direction. Please find the leak and take care of it ASAP.
Could be the hose, connections, washers, banjo bolt, crack in tank etc...
Old 11-06-2003, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to SillyGirl
Thanks for the ideas, and the entertainment!

Question: I need to be sure to minimize any damage that could be going on right now until I get it fixed. Would cutting the belt be my best bet? I don't have access to a garage and the Monterey Coast is about to get deluged. And it sounds like I'll be needing to order some parts anyway.

I don't mind losing the power assist. I drove a 69 westfalia for years - parallel parking in San Francisco - even while hugely pregnant. I might be silly, but I am strong

Yes, SillyGirl is a real live girl... er woman.

My stepdad gave me this car (bought it new in San Francisco) when my ex and I split and I'm trying to keep it in good shape on my single-mom income. It's been such a trouper, it deserves the best... even thought it's stuck with me!

I've fixed most of the annoying things it came to me with broken: rear hatch shocks, rear defroster, stripped sunroof gears, misc. missing/broken interior pieces, and put in XM radio.

I've done oil changes on this car, lots of stuff on my past collection of aircooled volksies, and rebuilt the top end of my Camaro in high school with my uncle and many cold packs of Bud (and maybe a J or two - hehe). But this car intimidates me a little. Just need good help like this and we'll be good to go.

Now I just need to dig out my Ben Davis coveralls (and remove the vw patch) and get grimy.

Thanks!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Skies
Not at all. I think women should be encouraged to work on their own vehicles. I look forward to the day my wife will be the one stuck out in a poorly lit, cold garage rolling around under a dirty car, desperately trying to get it sorted for the road in the morning whilst I get to watch the telly and roll a few J's.
Im tempted to put a pic ive just received about women and mechanics...im sooo tempted...

Cannot help you more silly girl,thats why my clown face appears!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

vott does ziss do?

(enter the instigator)

go ahead, Manute. post it!!
Old 11-07-2003, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

I 2nd that
Old 11-07-2003, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

'69 I heard something on the news this mornin' about a buggery bandit on the loose in Canada!

You didn't get any crazy ideas last night did you???!!!

darkskies said groping
Old 11-07-2003, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to SillyGirl
Update:

Upon close inspection, the braided line from the resevoir to the pump is blue/green corroded and has a number of tiny cracks. Our local podunk auto parts can't even special order the hose, so for now it's sporting a layer of stretch-stick tape. I've gone through the bleeding process twice and the sound is reduced by 50% at least. Hoping a few more rounds will have it sounding much more civilized until I can make the permanent fix.

I'll wait until that happens before I come to you guys with my next little annoyance - the driver's door handle

Thanks for the help! I'm not feeling so Silly now :P
Old 11-07-2003, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
(enter the instigator)

go ahead, Manute. post it!!
Ok,you asked for it!

Why women cannot be mechanics:
Old 11-08-2003, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
least common denominator

Sillygirl,
For the price of a six pack and a drive to Fresno you could probably get it fixed.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

vott does ziss do?

she has nice legs though
Old 11-08-2003, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

hmmm, never heard of a blue/green power steering line, stock ones are black; sounds like it's been replaced. The usual blue/green line with corrosion is the one going from the brake fluid reservoir going to the clutch master cylinder.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered

Just buy an updated line. Pelican probably has them. They dont cost that much and are a snap to install.

Old 11-09-2003, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: