Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question sunroof enigma

I spent all day doing diagnostic on my sunroof to find that the plastic gears in the roof housing have been stripped I also checked and re-aligned the relays in the motor housing that were causing the arms to over/under extend and strip. All is gravy then right? Not quite. When I reassembled all the motor pieces, I've found that the sunroof motor will only operate one way. There is no response from the motor when I hit the open button. It works when I'm closing it. So I went back and reinspected everything to no avail. Anyone know what might be causing this? I've checked everything from my relays to the motor housing itself.

speaking of the stripped white plastic gears... anyone know where to find them online? I haven't run across a site that specifically sells them.

Last edited by roddzilla944; 11-21-2003 at 08:02 PM..
Old 11-21-2003, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to perfecto951
check the switch twards the front of the car. mine likes to not depress and it makes the motor act sota screwy.

it's worth a check.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
2 relays on the motor, reverse them. See if the failure changes. Tweeks has been advertising them for years. Ask Wayne at Pelican first if he has them.
yup - tried that. nothin. the thing is, it was working fine just hours before! is there something I could have done during the repair to interrupt the electrical harmony?
Old 11-21-2003, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Well, as it turns out, I left things as-is last night and got up this mornin to drive into work. I gave the sunroof buttons a push just for kicks on my way and whad-aya-know - they both worked. 0_o

I think God read my post and helped me out or something

Old 11-22-2003, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: