Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to RichMason
need pictures and tips for installing boost and a/f gauges under radio

I know I've seen pictures of someone who has done this but I can't find them via search. I want to put a few gauges in the space under the radio behind the shifter. I need a boost guage and an air/fuel indicator. Can someone who has done this successfully please share their recipe with me?

Much thanks,

87 951 for sale $5500
Old 11-24-2003, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
Me too!! I was planning on putting the same gauges into my ride soon and would like some advice.

Is it true that the digital a/f meter from autometer will not work properly without a Wide Band O2 sensor....
87 951
C3 Stingray

Last edited by will944; 11-24-2003 at 09:21 PM..
Old 11-24-2003, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
Rich Mason, can you be more specific in your question?

I will say a couple of general things:
Wire the air/fuel gauge to a very clean power supply, I chose the DME, as it doesn't use much power. Also, wire it into the DME connector, and do NOT splice the wire. If you do, you end up grounding the shield wire, and from then on corrupting the signal both for the DME AND your gauge.

I cut into the boost gauge at the KLR line (located @the KLR). This way not only do you monitor boost at the manifold (and see exactly what your engine management sees), but also don't have to run a new boost hose through the firewall.
Here's my "custom" install:

Will Spooner, I suggest you do more research in regards to the wideband O2. It's true that the autometer gauge will not work correctly w/the most common wideband 02s, but some do have the provision for the "regular" signal. I would stay away from the autometer if you're going to a wideband anyway, the whole point is to have a more precise reading. May I also suggest an EGT since I assume you have the money.
Ahmet
Old 11-24-2003, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to RichMason
Ahmet,

Thanks for the pics. That's the one I was looking for. How did you fabricate the panel? Any recommendations of what gauges I should buy? I assume they are all pretty much the same.

87 951 for sale $5500
Old 11-25-2003, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
You can buy the panel for $25 plus $10 for each additional hole above the one that comes already cut at www.lindseyracing.com

87 951
C3 Stingray
Old 11-25-2003, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: