Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I'm off the hook.....

Turkey Days driving the P-Car to Grandma's House?

I am leaving LaLaLand Tuesday afternoon to Las Vegas in the 944. Wednesday morning to Paso Robles (across the Mojave desert twice in 24 hours) via Tehatchapi Pass. Friday morning back to LaLaLand via 101. Watch for a Guards Red 944 with Nevada plates. Wave as I go by.

Where are you driving your p-car this week?

Last edited by singpilot; 11-25-2003 at 06:19 AM..
Old 11-24-2003, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ilikemy944
I'm driving to www.tailofthedragon.com

Current: '86 951 Sunroof Delete - '89 951 - '83 944 Spec - '08 Cayenne Turbo
Past: '88 924S Track - '86 944 16v - '87 951 - '87 951 - '88 951S - '08 Cayman S - '87 944 Track - '93 968
Old 11-24-2003, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'll be tooling around in Nashville in a white cabriolet. Not far to go, but the top will be down unless it's freezing weather.

Everyone have a safe and trouble-free trip. (That trip to LasVegas sounds great, some fine roads and great scenery on that trip, eh?)

P
Old 11-24-2003, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Nowhere. The 944 is broken.

But I'll drive down to Houston to visit family in my blue Z.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Im ready
Old 11-24-2003, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

You know, knock on wood, the shootings on the freeways thing in California died with the advent of cell phones.

There was a woman in an SUV last night who had lost her mind on the 405 and every person withing striking distance (she got 4 or 5 people), was on the cell phone to the CHP. These people forced her to the side of the road, and forcibly removed her from the car. Held her until a car with a cage in the back showed up. She told the CHP that voices had told her to go shopping for Turkey dinner, but the supermarkets are on strike and she was frustrated. She'll be eating Turkey dinner in lockup hopefully.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Let's go shooting.

Help me out here guys. I'm planning a surprise Thanksgiving dinner for my wife so's she doesn't feel homesick. Whats the traditional fare - other than turkey? Recipes gratefully received.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 11-24-2003, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Skies
Help me out here guys. I'm planning a surprise Thanksgiving dinner for my wife so's she doesn't feel homesick. Whats the traditional fare - other than turkey? Recipes gratefully received.
Give her a great surprise,and spend more time with her than with Pelican forum,just a day!Jesus christ do you live here?YouŽre always posting at every hour! She may feel too lonely...

On topic,iŽll drive in Madrid,donŽt expect to see yaŽ,but take a trip with your gulfstream and IŽll invite you a few beers!
Old 11-24-2003, 11:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

double post yea yea yea

Last edited by MrPants; 11-25-2003 at 12:07 AM..
Old 11-25-2003, 12:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

we have something called weiner in a blanket... use your imagination.
but seriously: pumpkin pie is a classic. i assume y'all have basically the same stuff (pumpkin puree stuff poured in a pie crust and baked http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_4243,00.html) mashed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce for the turkey (its baked, not boiled FYI ), and stuffing is important too. we top all of this off by fighting and/or agruing for the evening.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Am at home in Jean, NV. Had an interesting afternoon.

The traffic was bad everywhere in the LA basin, so I went north on I-5 to the 14. Thru Palmdale, then Pearblossom Hwy. to 395. North to 58, east to Barstow, and got on I-15 north to Vegas. Out on the flats, the traffic was actually light (later found out Victorville I-15 north was pretty much closed due to an accident).

One of the many Nazi Truckers on this highway decided to push me off the road by changing lanes while I was alongside. He actually leaned out the cab window, smiled and came across. I went off onto the shoulder, and got some good drifting practice. An amazing feeling, in the dirt, sloped away from the road, sliding sideways at 70, a semi 10 feet away.

I reeled it in, got back on the pavement, and dialed 911. Before the dispatcher even answered, a CHP pulls up behind me.

HE SAW THE ENTIRE THING! Trucker pulled over, felony stop. I wait discreetly behind, all traffic stopped behind CHP car blocking the road.

Long story short. One semi full of produce is rotting in the impound lot. One Felony Assault with a Deadly Weapon (85,000 pounds of lettuce) Trucker is in lockup, and as far as I can tell, nothing is hurt on the 944.

What a day. The guy even swung at the cop. I didn't need to say much.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
Old 11-25-2003, 11:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

WOW! I am glad to hear that you are ok! Aside from the whole personal danger thing, that is awsome. It is great to hear about someone getting their just deserts! Do you have a lot of nasty truckers down there? I have never had a problem with one up here, the only interaction I have seen is they will let cars without CBs know that there is a speed trap ahead by flashing thier brake lights.

_ Another staple to Thanksgiving day is playing two-hand touch football on pavement and in the woods in the pouring rain.

If it ain't broken, drive it until something is.

Have you spent quality time with your Engine Gnome lately?

Defend Your Joy
Old 11-25-2003, 11:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by singpilot
Am at home in Jean, NV. Had an interesting afternoon.

yadda yadda, (edited for brevity)

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
sounds exactly like what happened to me about seven years ago. I was in the niner-five-one driving to Vancouver on I-5 at Starbird Road (WA). I was in the left lane when a semi (Canadian driver) decided to occupy the same space. I was caught off guard and instinctively blasted my horn and voted him #1 with my middle digit! (probably not the best response, but hey ) he promptly continued to make the lane change, pushing me, my daugher and (now ex)wife onto the median. crap went flying everywhere. I kept her on the straight-and-narrow and rejoined the "fray" much to the dismay of said trucker who proceeded to feel the need to chase me down. I thought "this guy's a nut case!!" as I blasted down the hill at 120 or so into Mt. Vernon to put some distance between my family and this maniac. the fool tried to keep up but couldn't. he really had it in for me. I decided to stop at the border crossing and let the friendly folks manning the gates know of what was going on. needless to say, they really ruined his day. I don't know the final outcome of the event but I'm sure he wished that he would have made some more restrained decisions a few miles back

live and learn, I guess
Old 11-26-2003, 01:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

You didŽnt shoot him??? What a coward! He deserves death!

Btw,you were married....that explains many things...
Old 11-26-2003, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Manute

Btw,you were married....that explains many things...
and obfuscates even more!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPants
we have something called weiner in a blanket... use your imagination.
but seriously: pumpkin pie is a classic. i assume y'all have basically the same stuff (pumpkin puree stuff poured in a pie crust and baked http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_4243,00.html) mashed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce for the turkey (its baked, not boiled FYI ), and stuffing is important too. we top all of this off by fighting and/or agruing for the evening.
Cheers for the link. I can do that!

Pumpkins ... mmm I can't bring myself to look at them. There was, er ... unpleasantness last time I visited the States at Halloween.

Old 11-26-2003, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

did any of this "unpleasantness" involve jailtime??
Old 11-26-2003, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
did any of this "unpleasantness" involve jailtime??
No but it did involve two lesbians, the inside of a pumpkin and [edited for content] ... mistakenly I thought you could [edited for content] . Boy was I wrong!!! So then I [edited for content] They laughed just as I [edited for content] Then I puked my guts up. [edited for content] I must say everybody was very understanding though.

Since then I haven't been able to eat anything with pumpkin in. Feel queasy just thinking about it.

Old 11-26-2003, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

SEE!! SEE!! I KNEW IT! all you damn brits are pervs!! should be locked up an' 'ave the key tossed into the briney! blimey bumlookers!

Old 11-26-2003, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
SEE!! SEE!! I KNEW IT! all you damn brits are pervs!! should be locked up an' 'ave the key tossed into the briney! blimey bumlookers!

Briney?what is briney? Oh i would like to be into Britney too!

Old 11-26-2003, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: