Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
Just saw 2fast/2furious.....

I just watched 2fast and 2furious on cable between coats of paint.
I have 1 thing to say...
Pathetic.

THis was the worst movie I've ever seen. Not only was it pathetic because it was just a stupid concept for a movie, it was pathetic because it wasn't interesting in any way at all.
It just sucked on all levels of sucking. I've never seen a movie that was so half assed. The smokey and the Bandit Movies glorified street racing and making the police look like morons, but this took (bad acting) and glorification of street racing to a new level of idiocy.....

The only thing I thought was good about the movie was that the old muscle cars were given respect and blew away the little Matchbox Look-alike "street racers" driven by the lead actors, stupid 1 and stupid 2...
THis movie was a complete waste of sitting on the sofa for an hour and a half and farting waiting for paint to dry, I could have managed my time better.......

my2cents
Frank B

Old 11-24-2003, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Itīs even worse than XXX???
Old 11-24-2003, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
I think I'm gonna buy a de-humidifier and a fan and place them under my hood. Make it so when I press the gas it shoots a cloud up from my hood!!

That way I can look just like "Stupid 1" rolling up to the race in his skyline!!

Manute...not sure if anything is worse than XXX...but this has to be VERY close!!
87 951
C3 Stingray
Old 11-24-2003, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
But its so reallllllllllllllllll Nawwwwwwwwwwzzzzz

Keeping it reallllll. Real dumb.

P.S You have to love how it takes 20 minutes to run a 1/4 mile, while hitting the naaawwwwzzz about 4 times to get to 120 mph. On a side note anyone play the latest Need for SPeed........ Fun.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 11-24-2003, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Dumber than xxx.. oh yes there is..
Barney and the Magic egg.. trust me this movie really sucks in a big way...
Old 11-24-2003, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Even the trailer sucked and they're usually geared to trick you into going.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 11-24-2003, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

worst i've seen.

"may the force be with you"
Old 11-24-2003, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What!?!?!? you mean it wasn't real?? Damn, and I was just gettin ready to put NOS and a fart-can on my Talon.......now I'm sad..
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

If the Fonzie guy wouldn't have backed down to the Chicken callout situation, the movie would have been over then. BUt Like the Puss that he is, he swerved, if he would have hit the Skyline, he would have kept on going and the Skyline would have been ummm.. destroyed....

At least Canonball run was funny and really nice cars, this movie was a waste of a few million dollars that someone could have given to me, that I could have turned into a great MOvie about why these kinds of movies are just not doing anything for anyone, including the actors" I use that term lightly here" because it was just plain *****ty....
The car racing in Slapshot was better... yeah I said Slapshot, when the Hanson's are "playing cars" on the hotel bed before their first game... that was more interesting and the acting was leagues above what was in 2f2f........
more of my2cents,
Frank B
Old 11-24-2003, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Will work for parts

Send a message via AIM to 944 boy
The first time i saw it, it was in german. made as much, if not more sense than in english.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MikeCT
Re: Just saw 2fast/2furious.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank B
THis movie was a complete waste of sitting on the sofa for an hour and a half and farting waiting for paint to dry, I could have managed my time better.......

my2cents
Frank B
You could have watched paint dry. It would have been better.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. - W. C. Fields
Old 11-24-2003, 10:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Stephens'MSI
...but gawd dawg, doz eclipzez are sizow tizight yall.
Especially with the stickers - everyone knows how intimidating a bright red V-TECH badge is at a stop light.

P.S. - I know mitsu's arent honduhs, i just meant the Ricers in general.
P.S.S - I know i mispelled Honda
P.S.S.S - There are imports that arent rice.
1984 Porsche 944 - K&N Filter, Fiberwerks body kit (minus spoiler), GT Racing carbon fiber hood (relax, its painted), 924 GT header panel + headlights, Audiobahn/Pioneer Stereo System, Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, jacobs wires + coil, weltmeister throttle cam, konis in the rear, boge in the front, 250lb springs, cat-back flowmaster exhaust.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Hey com'on now, the movie was dope! Im inspired to sell the '44
buy a ricer and break out the J.C. Witney catalogue. Mabye even go to Strauss and score me a set of those plastic hubcaps that spin. They gots a whole aisle of bad stickers to make my car look faster too
Old 11-25-2003, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

You know, It's sad to see a movie like that inspire teenagers (young drivers!) to new heights of self humiliation socially. THese charactors are so ridiculous in this movie in the way they act, but the scary part about it is, Kids Emulate them and actually think they can act like that in real life.
My 16 year old Daughters Boyfriend "Steve" a really nice kid, thought the movie was good.... so, I kicked him out of my house for the evening with a suggestion, go rent Cannonball run, Bullit, Smokey and the Bandit, any old James Bond movie, Car wash, and Corvette Summer (with luke Skywalker. He found all of those movies and watched them over a 3 day (night) peroid and was transformed from a Flegeling Ricer to a real auto afficionato ( spelled that wrong).. he still likes some of the cars that are rice, but has a new appreciation for " heavy duty cars" like old Plymouth's and Chevy's and fords and even Studebakers...
Frank B
Old 11-25-2003, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

For the love of God, my 13 year old daughter, thought those cars were cool.

"Your grounded until 2004"
Old 11-25-2003, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
So let me get this straight: the concensus here is that 2F2F was an F'in waste of time?

(insert evil smilie here)
-Z.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 11-25-2003, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Is it just me or is there a huge amount of neon underlit cars since the likes of 2 stupid 2 fast came out? I was convinced I was being tailed by the cops for several miles last night - turned out to be some dork with neon fender bulbs sitting on my arse. Time was when a cop would pull anyone who had a blue light on the front or rear of their vehicle. These people need a vicious truncheoning to sort their ideas out.

Mad Max II . Now there was a road film. I searched long and hard to find an Oz Ford Falcon after that movie. The only thing that bugged me about it was that in a world where the fuel had all but run out the antagonists drove round and round and round the oil refinery. In reality Australians would have simply laid seige until the defenders beer ran out and they were forced to negotiate.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."

Last edited by Dark Skies; 11-25-2003 at 07:06 AM..
Old 11-25-2003, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank B
If the Fonzie guy wouldn't have backed down to the Chicken callout situation, the movie would have been over then. BUt Like the Puss that he is, he swerved, if he would have hit the Skyline, he would have kept on going and the Skyline would have been ummm.. destroyed....

Frank B
it was actually a mitsu Evo that fonzie would've destroyed if he wasn't a chicken and not the nissan skyline....
Old 11-25-2003, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
The "special effects" in the movie made it even worse. It looked cartoonish.
-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 11-25-2003, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Parrothead member

I try to get my boys involved in workin on the car , they want nothing to do with it, thier attitude is, why build a car when you can just go buy one?? Besides they dont wanna get their hands or those designer rags that they wear dirty. Them and thier friends think muscle cars are old pieces of crap.
It drives me friggin nuts!

I try to get them to watch the real car movies;

Bullit
Vanishing Point
Mad Max
Cannonball Run
Dirty Mary ,Crazy Larry
LeMans

But hey those are bad too, Wheres the special effects???

Oh well whatta ya gonna do

Old 11-25-2003, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: