Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Has anyone added power door locks to a 84/85 944na

Has anyone added power door locks to a 84/85 944na ?????

I have power windows & Mirrors, but no locks.
So, I would like to maybe installed a used stock set, if they will work.

would also be nice to hook up to an aftermarket alarm so doors would remote unlock etc...

Thanks, Don

Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat
Old 11-26-2003, 01:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

it's possible but would require some work. you'd have to install all the electricals in the door and I don't know if the manual hardware is readily compatible. then there would be the issue of wiring the doors. some cars already have the wiring installed-but-not-used on manual lock/window cars but I'm not sure about the 944. the switch would simply be placed where it would go anyway on the power locked cars
Old 11-26-2003, 01:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Check out thread this on Rennlist.

While it's not the factory setup, it looks easy and straight-forward to add them, plus they should definately work with an aftermarket alarm.

Rob
Old 11-26-2003, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by robm-951
Check out thread this on Rennlist.

While it's not the factory setup, it looks easy and straight-forward to add them, plus they should definately work with an aftermarket alarm.

Rob

Being a car audio installer, that link is what I would of suggested.

Those aftermarket actuators can last anywhere from 1-10 years(lifespan depends on installation). And for the price of them, vs. the price of OE or even used parts they more than pay for themselves.

The only thing I don't like about the above link, is what he used for buttons. An OEM switch could of been made to work, or you could use a setup like this. You don't use switches in that setup, just push down on the driver's door lock, and both doors lock, pull up on the lock they both unlock. That setup also has a relay box that gives you easy hookups for use with a keyless entry or alarm or even a centralized door lock/unlock switch.

Between that link on Rennlist, and my reply should give you some different options to consider.
02 Altima SE 3.5 - grocery go-getter
00 Yellow Ducati Monster 900i.e. 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi
Old 11-26-2003, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
I finally got tired of trying to fix my microswitches.... so I used the factory actuators..... a couple of relays (pulled the stock relay box out) and used the stock button (with the little red light)...
You can take the stock button apart, break a little tiny piece of plastic and the switch toggles both ways......
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 11-26-2003, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I used the same actuators as the person on the rennlist link.

I found that they operated rather "violently" and i ended up putting a resistor in series with each actuator.

For a switch, i actually used a rear power window switch out of a '94 BMW 325. The switch fit nicely where the speaker fader knob was. I was able to make it light up like it does in the bmw, and the switch actuated 2 relays, since the switch iself couldn't carry the power necessary to run the lock actuators.

No pictures, unfortunately.

Mike
Old 11-26-2003, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

There's an aftermarket door lock kit available. See for example:

http://www.************************/ProductPage.aspx?ProductName=Automatic+Door+Lockin g+System&productid=100799&producttype=20
08 Mercedes-Benz E 350 Sport
Old 11-26-2003, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

All Electronics sells door lock actuators real cheap, if you can figure out how to hook them up.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
Seems like too much work to me...just reach over 2.5 feet...

Old 11-28-2003, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: