Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lightbulb Sharing of knowledge; Clutch cylinder!

So, I'm in the process of mounting the waterinjection and was going to drill a whole in the wall between the interior and the engine compartment. Looking under the instrument panel and up towards the clutch pedal I notice some oil drops.
It seemed like the clutch cylinder (Porsche 924 turbo has a hydralic cluch) was leeking. I took it out, after quite some struggle. Its in a very difficult place.
Removing the piston, I noticed that the seals where bad.
A referbushing kit cost about ~$20. No problem.

But as I pured out the old oil from the cyliner into a cup, I noticed so much grease (clog).
So I good sharing would be, to really spend some time every second year(?) and to replace the brake/clutch fluid. I was any way surpriced of the amount of clog(****) in the fluid.

P.S
Doing this or any other repaires involving brakefluid, watch out!!!
Dont get it on your cars paint!!! It will destroy it!!!
I was in luck. Some one told me this before I started to work and showed me his engine compartment. The paint in some places was white, due to getting brake fluid there.

How often do you change brakefluid in your car.
I'm talking of replacing all the fluid. Not only in the container?

Heres a pic of the piston inside the cylinder!

http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Valley/3424/porsche
Old 11-26-2003, 02:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Do yourself a favor and buy a whole new cylinder. Chances are the inside of it is worn and pitted. ( the slave cylinder should be replaced for the hell of it too) Good idea to flush all the old brake fluid out of the system too.

Old 11-26-2003, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: