Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to JH924S
stupid A$$ nj inspection center

i swear i hate gettin my car inspected , every time its a prob. i knew it was gonna be bad when right when i get outta the car i hear some guy yellin across the build. "porsche porsche" to his retarded buddies. then the ******* grinds 1st gear! so idiot #1 gets to the end of the run slaps a rejected stiker on ym car and says have a happy holiday to me (in which i gave him the dirtiest look ever) then idiot #2 tells me my front suspension failed. the car felt fine b4 goin there and after it was def crappier, i think that bounce test just ruins the ****in shocks instead of testing anything. the ony good thing was this hot chick in the booth with me,but i couldnt even get her # b/c her bro was right there
RANT OFF

Old 11-26-2003, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Please post the actual rejection text that the inspection center used.

What's her mother look like?
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Autobahn Garage

SoCal how do you ad your car info to your signature line??
57, Speedster
Old 11-26-2003, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by tab tanner
SoCal how do you ad your car info to your signature line??
Same place you added your name.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 11-26-2003, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Autobahn Garage

Thanks
57, Speedster
Old 11-27-2003, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

when I went last time they gave me a little card that asked how satisfied I was with their workers. Did you? Which station did you go to? I went to the one in Lodi. Just take it to a shady shop in Paterson and they'll pass you for a little extra $. Most places won't care about bad suspension as much as bad emissions, but if I were you I would use it as an excuse to buy a nice suspension setup. Make your car handle even better.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Parrothead member

I havent passed a NJ inspection with my '44 in ten yrs. It's always something.! Emissions , emergency brake travel, hairline crack in side marker light, inspector dont like my coice of music.
I've given up
Old 11-28-2003, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

go to the Westfield station, requires an appointment which is a good thing, and the guys there see super nice cars every minute, so yours will blend right in. I pass right through, they don't create issues.

Old 11-28-2003, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: