Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
pics of my x-rays

I managed to take a photograph of my xrays from when I shattered my left tib/fib in July, so here here ya go, Tadaa!!
Here's one from the Emergency room..

and here's one from 3 months later with the Titanium rod...

Frank B

Old 11-29-2003, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

OUCH.

Do yourself a favor in the future Whatever you did to break your leg - - don't do that.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 11-29-2003, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Juvy,
I was carrying a 150lb motor to one of my sanders. I was loading up my truck ( in a hurry) to get off the job site and on the golf course when I slipped carrying the motor and landed on my leg awkwardly and it spun,snapped and then folded up. it sucked.

The doctor told me that 10 years ago, they would have just taken it off.

Frank B
Old 11-29-2003, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
ya, i had an accident last april

complete humeral fracture from an armwrestling competition
then i rebroke it driving my friends manual honda accord when i got the cast off

total time in a cast - 3 months
my arms crooked now and still hasnt fully recovered from atropy..oh well

at least now i can still drive manual
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 11-29-2003, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

My son broke his tib/fib along with his femur missing a 65 ft double on his motocross bike 2 years ago...ended up developing complications resulting in 10 surgeries, 1 month in the hospital and perminant nerve damage to his foot. He walks with a brace now and will for life. He just broke his other femur after hitting a dump truck at 55 mph that turned in front of him.
fun, fun.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Wow man! nice coverage. Most people say they shattered something, they're just boasting, but you...wow. I've played frisbee with china that came out in better shape. Now go paint the damned hallway.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

least common denominator

My cat gave me such a scratch this morning!
It hurt a lot...
No really!

Seriously sorry to hear about your kids accident(s) awilson40 that is a tragedy... makes my four pins with the tib/fib break I had ten years ago seem minor.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Bloody Hell! That looks like it really smarted!

Funny how the least dramatic accidents can do the most damage whilst others walk away unscathed.

I've fallen off the back of a bike ( 70 mph triple summersaults really hurt), gone over the hood of a car at 40, slid down roads at 50 - 60, hit a truck at 20, been rammed up the backside at a pedestrian crossing, been reversed over by an old lady in her Merc, been scooped up off the sidewalk on the wing of a myopic old man, had a bus run over my foot, t-boned by a BMW shooting traffic lights plus all the usual scrapes young blokes get up to from childhood to their twenties ... never broken so much as a little finger.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."

Last edited by Dark Skies; 11-29-2003 at 04:42 PM..
Old 11-29-2003, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Let's go shooting.

Doh! Now we all know something bad is going to happen to me. Never mess with the mojo.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 11-29-2003, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Skies

Funny how the least dramatic accidents can do the most damage whilst others walk away unscathed.

I've fallen off the back of a bike ( 70 mph triple summersaults really hurt), gone over the hood of a car at 40, slid down roads at 50 - 60, hit a truck at 20, been rammed up the backside at a pedestrian crossing, been reversed over by an old lady in her Merc, been scooped up off the sidewalk on the wing of a myopic old man, had a bus run over my foot, t-boned by a BMW shooting traffic lights plus all the usual scrapes young blokes get up to from childhood to their twenties ... never broken so much as a little finger.
shi t happens in the UK
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 11-29-2003, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
ouchies....!!
Old 11-29-2003, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I did once catch a finger in the alternator etc drive belt, it ended up between the alternator pulley and the belt with the engine still running. The friction ground the finger down to the bone at the top and bottom before I had the sense to stop the engine with my other hand. 2 months bandaged up and a very odd scar. Works OK though. Doctor said it was nearly an amputation job. It was a multi-v belt so ground about an inch away.

The moral? Dont stick anything in the drivebelt. Especially appendages you want to keep.

Mark

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 280hp, Black
Old 11-29-2003, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Skies

yeah you just screwed yourself....be carefull on stairs and cracks in the sidewalk.!!!
Old 11-30-2003, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
Looks good, thank your orthapedic surgeon. Frank, was it a contained fracture?
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 11-30-2003, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

don't let 'im kid ya. dat's not an accident. he still owes us da money on accounta his gamblin' debts. hey Frank! I got my eyes on youse
Old 11-30-2003, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Contained? Yes, it didn't come through the skin, but it was folded in half at the break. The bottom of my shoe was upside down and about half way up my shin. Yeah, I thank him every time I have to see him.
Agreed, it looks great now, it still swells up like a balloon at night, but I can deal with the discomfort. I grew the bone in 7 weeks, the P.T. is what's driving even more Batty than lying in bed p[laying playstation and watching movies all day. Every time I make some progress I sprain my ankle or twist something. My talus really hurts when I walk so does my Achilles tendon. But, I'm sure it will all be o.k. in a couple of months...
Old 11-30-2003, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
your achilles is probably just tight from not using it, or from the looks of the break did you injure the tendon? Anyways best of luck, don't slip on the damn ice.
I HATE WINTER
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 11-30-2003, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

I slashed most of the muscle that makes up my calf and I did somehow manage to cut the acchiles tendon just a little but it has grown back. I'm just really pushing it..
Old 12-01-2003, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Nobody Special

Dang that sucks. You make me hurt just looking at it! How long were you in a cast and how long did you do PT???
'89 951 Guards Red/Black Leather 69K (Winner Best Stock 944 Turbo - 944Fest 2005)
www.autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CorysPorschePage/
Rennlist: "GOBOGIE"
Old 12-01-2003, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

never had a cast, just the rod and a removeable boot, which I wore most of the time except for when I was sleeping. P.t. started the first week of Nnovember and I'm still going.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: