Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

*$&@#!, blew a coolant hose!

Walk out the front door to have a cigarette and what do I see:

Coolant running from under my garage door

(insert long string of explatives here)

blew two hoses at the same time. Radiator to waterpump and waterpump to heater pipe.

(insert yet another long string of explatives here as well)

Just a frinedly reminder: check your coolant hoses every so often - mine were coming due soon as of two weeks ago....

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 12-02-2003, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
....and I thought you walked on water.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 12-02-2003, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969

He does now! Nice pretty green water!!!
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 12-02-2003, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

yea i just blew my upper radiator hose last week. it was about 35 with the wind chill that night while i was working. i was not too happy.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969
sure he does, but not his car
Old 12-02-2003, 11:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
sure he does, but not his car
ALAAAAAARM!!!!!!
SNIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

what???
Old 12-02-2003, 11:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

LMAO! it's a long story. believe me! Manute, you crack me up!

(oh man, I'm dying over here)
Old 12-03-2003, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Old 12-03-2003, 12:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

the arrival of Manute has often been likened to the discovery of the turd in the punchbowl!

so sorry for the hijack Juvie. I'm still laughing so hard I'm in tears!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
the arrival of Manute has often been likened to the discovery of the turd in the punchbowl!

so sorry for the hijack Juvie. I'm still laughing so hard I'm in tears!
If i knew what is a turd and a punchbowl i would be happy... hope is nothing bad

Sorry too Juvie,please dont pick your F-16 to make a vengeance!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

oh gawd! the fun here never stops! (I'm in pain now) I'll tell you off the board
Old 12-03-2003, 12:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

We need the fun to compensate the high maintenance P-car costs!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Hmm, sounds like 944's put you both in the nut house....
Well, at least I have REAL friends now, no more imaginary ones..

Buy my parts!
Old 12-03-2003, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Just thought I'd use this opportunity to show off the new lift I put in my backyard garage - makes getting to the water hoses just a little bit easier.

However, it does not help at all to reach the speed and reference sensors.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Well lets hijack the post: Proff...........thats what I want for storing the cars. WHat is the clearance in the garage? and the height of the posts.....
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 12-03-2003, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

The garage has a 10' 6" height to the rafters (this was done by leaving the studs at the 10' length, with the two toe plates and two sill plates providing the extra 6"). The height of the posts is 6' 9".

With the lift a maximum elevation, I have 2 to 3 inches of room between the roof of the 944 and the bottom cord of the truss. When I install a ceiling (after the HVAC), I'll probably have to use the lift at a lower setting, but even then, I can stand fully erect under the car (I'm 6' 3").

The four post lift does allow you to store another vehicle under the lift - I also bought three polyethlene trays that fit under the engine, transmission, and rear end which would prevent any dripping of fluids on the car stored below.

The lift itself occupies about an 9' x 14' area, so you need at least another two feet on either side for room to walk around. As a reference, the garage door is 8' tall x 9' wide

The one I got is 110v. I've only had it a couple of weeks, but it has been a real nice addition to my garage - polishing is much easier, as I can now pick the vehicle up and don't have to bend over.

You can get more information at www.eagleequip.com (the model I have is SS-7000, which has a lift capacity of 7000 lb.)

P.S. You'll also find that it keeps the garage 'fridge stocked with beer - when your friends want to use it, charge them a 12 pack, and act real magnanamous when you share a couple cold ones with them!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

AFJ - is it an odd coincidence that the hoses were adjacent to one another or is that the point of greatest stress
....or....

were those the two oldest hoses... I know you've only had this car a few months right?

I am amazed what the smallest weather changes here in florida (compaired to up north) do to the rubber in our cars.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

By the way Profss....I still hate you for your garage!

.........................Oh the projects I could do..........
Old 12-03-2003, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by TCMdocs944
AFJ - is it an odd coincidence that the hoses were adjacent to one another or is that the point of greatest stress
....or....

were those the two oldest hoses... I know you've only had this car a few months right?

I am amazed what the smallest weather changes here in florida (compaired to up north) do to the rubber in our cars.
Those hoses, along with the one leading from the head to the radiator are the ones under the greatest stress. I think it was a combination of the heat and age that did them in - they looked ok at the last belt check - a little soft. in less than a month they gave way. We seem a little worse for wear in the rubber department, but we do much better in the corrosion area.

And yes, I do walk on water - except it was luminescant yellow water (Porsche coolant - $20 a gallon - *****!)

and I like the lift professor!

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 12-03-2003, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: