Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Maintanence day

I replaced the front d/s control arm rear bushing today (got the nephew involved, hugh, no pics tho) and while I was under there I thought I would see where the hell all of my brake fluid was going. Found out it was the clutch feed line. Who ever replaced the line didn't put any hose clamps on it!!! I was going thru a standard size bottle of fluid a week~ it had always leaked a little but it was getting rediculous! So the blue fiber covered hose was disintegrating. I pulled the end off of the res. side and I didn't really know where the other end was suposed to be

Luckily it wasn't too hard to find. but the g.d. thing has a swivel port, that line was hell to reattach! I ended up taking my purge system apart just so I could reach the darn thing. someone ran off with my hose pliars. I'm angry about that finally got it on and used some hose clamps to make sure it stayed put.

Then I was gonna find out why the engine was loading when I kicked the a/c on. rpm would drop etc. That turned out to be an improperly adjusted TPS. Put that right, bled the brakes and I'm good to go. I'm doing my other cv axle tomorrow.

'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Just as long as you don't use that big ass electric impact. Talk about twisting off bolts.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
You'll be happy to know that I've burned out both batteries for my Millwakee cordless and I don't have my compressor wired to the house yet. Gotta get a shed. Not supposed to do maint. on vehicles here. Must get large, two car shed.
'86 951
Old 12-06-2003, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Did I mention that niether side had a hose clamp?
'86 951
Old 12-07-2003, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
meister member

Garage
Did any of the fluid leak onto the bottom of your car? Did it eat your paint? At least it was not brake lines cracked. That is my least favorite job.
Favorite Road = www.tailofthedragon.com 318 turns in 11 miles (11 min 20 sec best run)
Old 12-07-2003, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
no paint damage, but the underneath was quite saturated. I'm sure there will be some problems down the road because of this. At least rust is the least of my worries. I'm glad it wasn't the slave...er, I mean secondary cyl. on my clutch going out. That's what I was really afraid that I was gonna find out. Love the new bushing on the cont. arm.

'86 951
Old 12-07-2003, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: