Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
vott does ziss do?

pedals

just a quick question. do any of you have any recommendations for pedal upgrades? I've been contemplating changing mine to something a bit more grippy (and, of course stylish ) with what pedals have any of you had success?

Old 12-07-2003, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
New stock pads.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 12-07-2003, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I have a set of Vosstech track pedals. They are brushed aluminum. A little too much bling! bling! for me in terms of looks, but they did help me to learn heel-and-toe. However, I don't like extension on the bottom of the throttle pedal: it gets in the way, especially when experiencing some brake fade.

HTH,
-Z.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

I'm not worried about the bling factor, although I want them to look acceptable. the biggest thing I want is improved grip for heel-and-toeing and perhaps a thinner pedal for a bit more legroom. hmm, interesting take on the heel extension. didn't think of that happening. something to consider
Old 12-07-2003, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have OMP brand, I think their made by Sparco or somebody like that. I like them
928 OC member
PCA member
Old 12-08-2003, 12:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
I'm not worried about the bling factor, although I want them to look acceptable. the biggest thing I want is improved grip for heel-and-toeing and perhaps a thinner pedal for a bit more legroom. hmm, interesting take on the heel extension. didn't think of that happening. something to consider
Most of the 'track pedals' have this extension. I am considering cutting it off with a hacksaw. It doesn't really help promote proper heel-and-toe technique in our cars. I use the "roll the side of your foot over to blip the throttle" method, which produces the most consistent results for me.

After a good 10-15 minutes on a track, sometimes, depending on the track & conditions, I will experience some brake fade. Given enough fade, I may have to put my foot really deep into the brake pedal, causing my heel to touch the extension piece on the throttle. This usually happens while I'm still in my higher gear, and I have noticed it tends to lessen the braking effect.

This can also occur for me when I'm autocrossing, since there, a generous application of the brake (read near SLAM!) is often necessary.

Sorry for rambling,
-Z.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 12-08-2003, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

vott does ziss do?

that could create a problem. I suppose the only thing would be to cut it down to where it doesn't look like shyte. what was the cost on your pedals?

Old 12-08-2003, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: