Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Corroded Fuel Line...!

Took my 86 '44 in to have traking done yesterday and noticed fuel dripping from under the driver side wheel arch. Bit worrying so pulled the wheel off today and the plastic cover. Found the fuel line from the tank leaking where one of the brackets holds the brake line, fuel line apart. Fitted a jubilee clip and plastic pipe around the leak. Stopped the leak for now. On closer inspection the whole line is badly corroded so I'm looking at having to replace the entire line. I've read in one of my Dads Porsche World mags that it costs around 280 pounds and involves removing part of the rear suspension system to change the line. Any ideas on this? I will definately change the line, and although I've heard of braided hose replacements, I would rather use a solid, preferably original fuel pipe. from the tank to the fuel rail.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Hmm, if it's 280 pounds, it's proly cheaper to buy a few feet of fuel line, and a small bender and make your own, by the time a few mistakes are made, and you finish up, it's probably cheaper and it would be done before a new one would come in from a supplier. That's my opinion, doesn't make it right =)

Buy my parts!
Old 12-08-2003, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I think you might be right.... Only worries me cos it's on the pressure side of the pump, but for now good quality flex pipe will have to do. Cheers.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: