Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Vacationing in Miami

Hey all,
I am leaving tomorrow morning for Miami, FL... is there any special attractions I should visit while there? I know there is a zoo that my girlfriend wants to check out.

I was also thinking about renting a Porsche while down there, but the cheapest I could find was a Boxster S for $230 per day. Does anyone know of any good deals down in the Miami area?

Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 12-08-2003, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I'll rent you mine for a week for nothing. Just bring it back with new tires and an alignment.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Miami,

first rule is leave the girlfriend at home

just kidding!
Old 12-08-2003, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
I was down there this same time last year after I got laid off. It was a good place to clear my head.

Yeah, where do you want to stay? Actually, look up the Hilton Fountainbleau in South Beach. Ask for a guy named Will Glass in sales at 888-238-0167 and tell him that Johnny Janota told him to hook you guys up. Tell him your situation and he'll recommend where to hang out as well. He's a good guy.

As far as cars go, try this place:

Luxury Exotics
3950 NW 26th Street,
Miami FL 33142
Tel: 305 526-0000
Fax: 305 870-0707

They have a 360 Moden a for rent (or they did). Also, if you're mobile, try to check out Coconut Grove. Its a cool place with University of Miami girls all over the place (if you're single). Then try a quiet little bar called Tobacco Road in the downtown area. I recommend it.

Have fun!
Old 12-09-2003, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Got to save that info! I'll be single again as soon as I hit the lottery!

Keep it quiet! The wife doesn't know yet.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
damn i missed another one i could have helped out with... you could borrow mine in exchange for helping me with a T-belt job....

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Well, I didn't end up renting a Porsche, but I sure got to see a lot of em!

Stopped by Champion Porsche. I was honestly expecting more, but it was still very nice...

... but was nothing compared to the Auto Toy Store in Ft. Lauderdale! Man, that place had some serious toys. They were selling a maroon 911; apparently it started life as a 993 Turbo S, but now has over 780 hp ( the license plate read "783 HP", if i remember correctly). The salesman was very friendly - he even called the 944 a "fantastic car"

I stayed at the Ocean Point resort in Miami Beach. It was beautiful... the view was ocean and nothing else. Unfortunately we had a problem with a maid stealing some clothes from my GF, but we are in the process of getting that settled now.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 12-16-2003, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Quote:
Originally posted by repoman
Miami,

first rule is leave the girlfriend at home

just kidding!
No you're not.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

my wife is so cool; several years ago I had a series of business trips to Miami. Called her up on a Friday night. She said get out on S. Beach and enjoy myself. (I assume she meant with some restraint)
Old 12-17-2003, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I was in Port Charlotte, FL (between Tampa and Ft Meyer) on Friday, 12/12/03 and Saturday, 12/13/03. I had to use the AC while driving past Orlando and Daytona. On my drive back to Virginia, I was blessed with rain in South Carolina, sleet and freezing rain in North Carolina, and snow in Virginia. Without the 4-wheel drive, I'd probably still be in North Carolina.

Old 12-17-2003, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: