Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to perfecto951
Shipment time.

I ordered some performance parts from a company (which will remain un-named (it wasn't pelican)) on the 18th of November. Here it is, the 10th of December and i still don't have it. I have heard nothing but good things from this company and i hear the product is great. They are based in Cali and i'm in GA. How long does shipping usually take - about 5 days max, right?

You guys should share how long stuff has taken in the mail so i can get an idea.

Old 12-09-2003, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Uhmmm depends how big....

I ordered an item on Nov 7th..... not here yet.

I was aware that it was going to take 4-6 weeks as it was.

If the item is in stock I would imagine you would receive it 7-10 business days max.

You can share the name of the supplier as long as you stay objective I don't see a problem.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 12-09-2003, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
meister member

Garage
I would contact them and see if it is back ordered. Delivery should take 4-6 buisness days. Good luck.
Favorite Road = www.tailofthedragon.com 318 turns in 11 miles (11 min 20 sec best run)
Old 12-09-2003, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

it all depends on the shipping method you selected. you can get things shipped next day or second day air, or you can get it shipped by truck, which could take from one to six weeks. if you don't specify a shipping method, it is at the company's discretion to use whatever means they choose. and that could be the old 4-6 week "slow boat to China"
Old 12-09-2003, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

yeah he had the kit in stock when i ordered it. i guess i just get very impatient. It's the guru chip package, i hear really good stuff about it and i can't wait to install it.

i know a few people on this site has it - good, bad?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

cool, that's the chip I considered buying. tell me how you like it when you get it installed

also, you can call them to see if they have already shipped it. if so, ask them for a tracking number and then you can keep tabs on where it is by checking with the shipper
Old 12-09-2003, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

uh ..... yah its the best chipset you can buy for a stock car....

have you followed some of guru's ordeals during the last six months over on rennlist ?

If I were you .. I would call and email every day if he said they were in stock.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
call them.?
Old 12-09-2003, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969
uh ..... yah its the best chipset you can buy for a stock car....

have you followed some of guru's ordeals during the last six months over on rennlist ?

If I were you .. I would call and email every day if he said they were in stock.
haven't heard anything about it. what kinds of problems are there?
Old 12-10-2003, 01:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

i emailed him again. he says he is sending another one. hmm. so theoreticaly i should get 2 packages (if the first one ever comes)? something says thats a bad way to make a profit.

in case i do get two (which i doubt) i'll give it to someone on this site for 1/2 off.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

If you get 2. Send one back to him. I think he needs it more than you right now.

On a side note, same thing happened to me (same vendor). I ended up getting two parcels....

Ronin: Guru has been having some issues lately. They do make some wonderfull products, but delivery of product has been an issue. A friend of mine that ordered a MAP kit waited 2 months before he received it. I helped him install it and one of the pieces was not manufactured properly. I proceeded to alter it to make it fit. I think Danno is an awesome guy and had me sold on a MAP 2 kit before all this started to happen..... They are having issues I am hoping he works through them but until I stop seeing posts like this one, I am a little leary about ordering.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

I can understand that as I was thinking the same thing myself. (about being leery) unfortunately it's a catch-22 for him. people are hestitant to do business until his problems are cleared up, but in order for these things to clear up (assuming that they are financial) he needs the orders!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
I can understand that as I was thinking the same thing myself. (about being leery) unfortunately it's a catch-22 for him. people are hestitant to do business until his problems are cleared up, but in order for these things to clear up (assuming that they are financial) he needs the orders!
From what I have heard his problems aren't really financial as much as internal staff/partner differences and organization.

But, I could be wrong.

I think his popularity and customer base grew faster than he expected, and he's probably somewhat overwhelmed.

Just my .02.......
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 12-10-2003, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

ah yes, the price of success. the irony is that many businesses fail, not for the lack of business, but for having too much - too fast
Old 12-10-2003, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

i'll send the other parcel back if i get it. i didn't understand his situation. i know business partners can sometimes screw things up pretty good.

however, if i get the other parcel i'm going to send it UPS Next Day Air!

Old 12-11-2003, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: