Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to hpaulb
Took a look under the side covers yesterday. Thought maybe I would pull the originals out and test them. Didn't . I can get to two of the four with a stubby phillips but would need one of those right angled ones for the rear. May try later. I also noticed that there is a pannel that can be removed under the speaker in my 87 that allows for a 5-6 inch round speaker. Anyone know if that would be a better choice for sound quality. And how do you seal the rest of the oblong hole? Third choice but not prefered would be to actually remove the window but only if I'm going to do some cutting and put 6x9's in.

03 Altima Tin box
05 Pontiac Sunfire, 64 VW dirt buggy
Old 01-18-2005, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by bluebullet
so how do you manage to do the speakers without pulling the windows? Im not about to cut any sealer or anything out of my car. Last thing I need is another leak. I can work pretty well in a tight and confined space, and without looking as well (just going at it by touch).

My front passenger speaker is pretty much done, so Im going to do speakers sometime soon. I also have to rewire the OE fader knob (get rid of it so to speak cuse the kenwood one built in does a much better job, but Im getting static the way its wired now).
Wow--old thread resurected. Bullet--there is no sealer to cut out of the windows, they just pop in and out.

This was really the easiest method. Like I said the first time I did it, it took about 1-1/2 hours because I was going slow. I can do it now at about 1/2 hr, side.
69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 01-18-2005, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
I don't know what you would do about covering the hole for the 4x6" speaker...
But, I plan to replace my rear 4x6's in my 87 951 with some infinity 6 1/2" speakers I have. The sound quality will definately be better than using a 4x6" speaker.

Buy my parts!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: