Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Tightening the Door Strap Holder?

On my passenger side door, the "strap" that has the detents and keeps the door from flinging too far open has become loose. Specifically, the bottom bolt on the piece that holds it to the car (not the door), which is held in by two cheese-head bolts, is not tight. When I try to tighten this bolt, it just spins and spins.

Is it stripped? Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution? I suppose that I could live with it this way indefinitely, but it is annoying when openning the door (i.e., it hangs up on the detent and requires a healthy shove to open fully).

Old 01-16-2004, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I replaced the drivers side strap on my car last week. I'll bet the theaded part in the door is spinning. I can't see how the threads could be stripped. But how would you get back behind that body panel to see?
'77 Ford F-100
Old 01-16-2004, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

with x-ray vision of course.

"may the force be with you"
Old 01-16-2004, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Anyway to get a stripped bolt out. I need to peplace the one on my passenger side, and the cheese head bolt was stripped by the PO

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 01-16-2004, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I think that larkstar's got it right -- it feels like the threaded part behind the panel has come loose rather than the threading having stripped.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? If I take the interior kick panel off (e.g., carpeting, etc. in front of the door) can I gain access to this area?

Old 01-18-2004, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: