Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

dead right power mirror early 85

Well, I'm still chasing the "left power mirror dead" problem. Several years ago, I "sprung" for the factory shop manual for the 944. I have 7 volumes of manuals, but the early 85 electrics seems to be missing. The 84 and the 85/2 are there, and the 85/2 has schematics for the mirror, but the wire color codes don't match my early '85 wires. The Haynes manual doesn't have the correct colors either. Am I missing something?

Also, I'm still trying to find out what and where this "contact bridge mirror change- over switch" is.

On the mirror side of the connector, I have blue, yellow/(brn stripes, white, black and two brown (heater) wires.

Am I missing something?
'77 Ford F-100
Old 02-01-2004, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The 84 and early 85 are identical.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 02-01-2004, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Pelican has schematics available on line

Excellence magazine ran an article several years ago on sunroof & mirror T-S

The switch you refer to is the door-mounted switch which selects which mirror is powered

good luck
Old 02-01-2004, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Selector switch on console behind shifter.

Directional control on door.

Yes the early and later mirrors are different not only in wiring but in mechanical design too.

Most of the problems I've encounter with the early mirrors is the console switch. Like all electrical switches it seems to get dirty and corroded. I've found just switching it back and forth quickly while using the directional control seemed to free up the mirrors -- for a while.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-01-2004, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I fixed it! I finally, by trial and error. I kept switching the wires on the change over switch (its in the center console not in the door. ( I hate to do the trail and error approach with circuits) that's why I wanted correct schematics.) Apparently, when I replaced the console, I lost track of the wires, and got them mixed up. If you get them wrong, only 1 mirror will work, the other position on the change over switch will just produce a clicking sound in both doors.

I had already checked out the change over switch with an ohm meter was the first thing I did.. it was ok.

Now Repoman...exactly where are these Pelican online schematics?
'77 Ford F-100
Old 02-02-2004, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

larkstar,

as you can tell by my switching function of motion & selector switches; my memory is shot!

anyway, when I'm in shop today I'll look at hard copy of prints so I can determine source & let you know
Old 02-03-2004, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: