Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post I'm Back and lookin for a 951

Howdy fellas - its been a long time since I was on the Pelican BBS - good to be back!

After a tremendous hard time of family and financial illness, I am back on the Porsche band wagon and I'm wanting a 951 (pre-'88)
If any of you know of one for sale in the Colorado area, let me know. I am really excited to get back in the saddle!

Look forward to "visiting" with you folks in the near future!

Don -

Old 09-30-2001, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
Hey man, its been a long time. Good to see you back. Did you give up on the 911's too?

Porsche, through and through
Tim
'83 944

My Photo Page
My Home Page

Old 09-30-2001, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to SuperGroove
Quote:
Originally posted by VIPRKLR:
Howdy fellas - its been a long time since I was on the Pelican BBS - good to be back!

After a tremendous hard time of family and financial illness, I am back on the Porsche band wagon and I'm wanting a 951 (pre-'88)
If any of you know of one for sale in the Colorado area, let me know. I am really excited to get back in the saddle!

Look forward to "visiting" with you folks in the near future!

Don -
Where in Colorado do you live? Scott R looks to have taken the nicest example for sale in Colorado.

Old 09-30-2001, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
I'm also curious. I remember you putting down 944s on the 911 board... What happened? Again, this isn't a flame, just curious. That makes the two of you on this board who started with a 944 turbo, switched to 911, then back to 944... What's the story?
Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...
My page over1g@hotmail.com
Porsche owners Gallery.../My 944
Old 09-30-2001, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I live in Golden -

I never put 951's down. I love them! I just love 911's more.

BUT as far bang for the buck, the 951 can not be beat! I do not have a lot of bucks right now, and I desire bang, thus the 951!

Don
Old 09-30-2001, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Question

I too will be looking for either a nice 951 or descent 968 in a few months and I'm wondering where the better places are to look for the 951. Not in my state that's for sure. Autotrader doesn't seem to be a good source at the time with only 3-4 at any price. No eBay for me either. I have to drive before I agree to buy.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rollins Send a message via AIM to Rollins
if you look on ebay you can look for cars in your general area, it is definitely worth it to drive a little bit to go see a good example, if it is indeed a good example.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Yeah if it's close enough but my problem with eBay is that you go, you look, you like, you go home, you bid and *if* you don't have some idiot bidding it to the moon you *might* get the car you want at the price you want. Then you have to drive back or arrange pickup. If you insist on a purchase inspection then you're really investing a lot of time and trouble for a car you can't guarantee you'll be able to buy. It's just me but no thanks unless the car is within two hundred miles of me. Guess how many towns are within two hundred miles of me...the one I live in. That's it!

Old 10-01-2001, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: