Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smile Chat with my 944

Hello to all of you, i'm new here and for my first post i would like to ask something that could really help me.

I was wondering how to open a communications session with my ecu using the diag plug located in the engine area as i don't want to mess with the ecu plug inside of the car.

Anyone know and can tell me which is the pin assignement, I've got it for the 964 but i'm not sure it could apply to the 944 ?

Is there any informations about the scancodes sent by the ecu (translating hexa codes in Bosch error codes) or at least how to start a little chat (handshake) with it and i'll be happy anyway.

On Rennlist they told me to ask the great guru Frwilk, hope he'll see my message

Thank you for your contributions
Old 02-07-2004, 01:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Buy it some new wrenches and just sit down and talk to 'er. That's what most of us do, anyway.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I believe as foreigner i certainely did a bad formulating of my question or maybe are you able explain to me how to make some hexadecimal coding with wrench ?

mmhh ?

Anyway thank you for this very good advice but actually it's not the one i'm looking for
Old 02-07-2004, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I see that Todwic is awake! Is FreeSnow as cold in the winter as warm in the summer?

No, Kraft you did a good job of asking about the codes. If you go to this site you will find a PDF of the codes and some information on where to collect them at the DME/ECU plug.

http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/

This is the same site, Danno's, as was mention in your same question on the Rennlist board.

I will also suggest these two sites:

www.frwilk.com

and

www.clarks-garage.com

I think there is also a dedicated site for the 968 owners.
Found it: www.968.net

This may have detailed information on accessing the DME connections.

Good luck and please keep us informed as to your findings and implementations.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-07-2004, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
not quite, but close. I thought I had left all the frost back in Arkansas. 30&degF may not be very cold to some, but compared to 60&degF it's butt numbing. I miss L.A.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

@ SoCal Driver

Ok i thought for a while that my English just vanished in the darkness of the forgetting
Well i've been at all those places but it's not enough for what i wanted to do. I will try the last thing that i can do, sending a mail to Frwilk as he certainely knows a lot of things about this e.c.u. if he's not too annoyed by people bothering him i could get a reply.
Thank you So Cal for your kind help

@ Todwic

Thank you and maybe the best is to move back to the sun

Last edited by kraft; 02-07-2004 at 09:29 AM..
Old 02-07-2004, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
I was gonna reccomend trying a few roofies and a bottle of wqhite zinfandel to loosen it up, but I've changed my mind because you sound like you've got it covered.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Sorry as i'm not English native nor American i'm not at the edge of all usual expressions, could you be a little bit clear or basic for my unperfect understanding ?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Add your location to your profile.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

you're right i forgot this point of detail, i'm sorry
Old 02-07-2004, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Oh, O.K.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Well now. that explains quite a bit.

babelfish, anyone?

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 02-07-2004, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

mhh i guess i said something that offended you ?
if it's the case be sure it was not intentional it would be really stupid from me

Imagine to have learned french in school and trying to manage allright with only that, it could be not enough or at least some loses of the learned language could appear with years and years as you grow old.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Relax Kraft, it's all good Babe.
We're just gonna break your balls because your.. well, French big guy, you should have said you were from Greece or Armenia, NO wait a minute, thatt would be funnier..
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

LOL i see who you mean but anyway i'm not chauvinist at all, it would be strange behaviour from me as i came early in France with parents from somewhere else.
To be more precise i don't have time to loose with all this kind of stuff, today i'm trying more to make something that could make me and family escape from my unemployment situation.
So i try to continue dreaming about Porsche and about what i can do with what i know to do.

All the other things like world chaos etc looks as a nonsense to me as it seems that all politicians lost their minds and are doing whatever they want to do.
This is my only point of view and i certainely do not ask anybody to agree with this opinion.

Sometimes i regret the 70's and 80's years, good times vanished now leaving only a bad taste of something which will never be again like in the past.

Last edited by kraft; 02-08-2004 at 07:17 AM..
Old 02-08-2004, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Well, Kraft, I must say that you seem to have a better command of the English language than many Americans do. But sometimes it's difficult to comrehend rude comments, or the motivation behind them, when people use asinine behavior (ou "behaviour" en Angleterre) for no good reason.

N'a pas laisser les bâtards vous ennuient. Bon chance, monsier!
LSD
2002 Yamaha FZ1
Old 02-08-2004, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
How bad is the unemployment there Kraft?

Are you seeing your technology sector decline?

You moved to France as a youth. From where?

We moved a lot when I was young. One time it took me several days to find out where.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by TorqueTube
Well, Kraft, I must say that you seem to have a better command of the English language than many Americans do. But sometimes it's difficult to comrehend rude comments, or the motivation behind them, when people use asinine behavior (ou "behaviour" en Angleterre) for no good reason.

N'a pas laisser les bâtards vous ennuient. Bon chance, monsier!
Well it's not a problem i can understand pain which could make people acting or reacting as they certainely never would in other circumstances.

Anyway thank you
Old 02-08-2004, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
I didnt know it was possable to pull codes from the older Porsches. Can I get them from my 1987 924S
Old 02-08-2004, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
How bad is the unemployment there Kraft?

Are you seeing your technology sector decline?

You moved to France as a youth. From where?

We moved a lot when I was young. One time it took me several days to find out where.
Mhh yes the computing technologies sector is collapsing at least here.

From where ? well from a country which exists no more, broken by religions and moreover ethnic intrerests but it's not important now.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: