Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Darn! Hood release!

So I come out to drive the 944 after letting it sit for about 4 days, and discover the radio is playing. Woops! The battery is too run down to start the car, so i call roadside assistance and they send a guy to jump me. I pull the handle to release the hood and it comes off in my hand - meaning we couldn't get into the bay to start the car. It seemed like the plastic got brittle with the cold (and 20 years aging) and it simply gave. Does someone sell replacements? I don't see them listed on the Pelican site for '83s but I figure this must be common. Can I retrofit the later model handle?

Emanuel

Last edited by epbrown; 02-07-2004 at 06:50 AM..
Old 02-07-2004, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Get one from the dealer or a supplier. If Pelican does not list them call them anyway.

Till then get the vice grips out.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-07-2004, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
I have one from an early '85 that I could sell you email me Macfreak007@insightbb.com
Old 02-07-2004, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
i know this one too !! i should make up a list of "little" items that have broken, and that i have re-made from either plastic, or mostly aluminum.
items like these are becoming hard to find {new}.
just wait until some sunny day, you pull away from your home and give it some"welly", and the damn bolts/nut combo keeping your seat steady, and in place, let go !! really tests out your old heart, as the seat flys backwards, and upwards, and all you see is the inside of your roof !!
good luck finding the part!
regards, bob.
2002 grand am--better halfs ride.
olds 98 royal brougham--gone, but not forgotten.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
LMAO, that happened to me in my subaru once!
I was leaving the gf's house, I puled out into traffic and my seat came off, fell right into the back seat, looking right up at the ceiling, wondering if my car would stop!
lol.

Buy my parts!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfreak007
I have one from an early '85 that I could sell you email me Macfreak007@insightbb.com
Would that fit? The catalog only list 84-onwards so I thought there was a change from '83 to '84. If an 85 would work, I'll simply order a new one.

Emanuel
Old 02-08-2004, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: