Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post do it yourself stuff

hey everyone i was just wondering how hard it is to learn how to replace belts/ water pumps..my uncle owns an exotic cars repair shop in seattle so equipment isn't problem i am pretty ignorant when it comes to engines but i'm good at directions :-) lol anyways you think its possible to do it myself?

thanks
chris

[This message has been edited by chris6905 (edited 10-03-2001).]

Old 10-03-2001, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you haven't got much experience I would let your uncle do it. The downside of you breaking something usually means expensive repairs.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'd try to talk my uncle into teaching me how to do things. Many benefits come with this, not just tools but experience----and heck, maybe a job someday.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
Bring it to your uncle or more than likely...bye bye valves.....-chris

------------------
"Faster,Than,You"
"Wish I had a 951....."
"Ive tried so hard and got so far but in the end it doesnt even matter"
http://www.members.aol.com:/fty9999/944land/944land.htm
Old 10-03-2001, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Brandon85-944 Send a message via AIM to Brandon85-944
I too questioned whether i should attempt to work on my own car. But to consider it MY car i figured I would have to invest the money and time....so i decided to change the motor mounts on my early 85 944....with my brother and I it took us 9.5 hours to do a 4 hours job....it was daunting and at times hopeless...but if you stick in there you'll feel damn good after have done it...and if have screwed your car up even worse...then you have learned something from the whole experience...I'd say go for it..your uncle can help.

Brandon85-944

Old 10-04-2001, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: