Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Just thinking out loud

High beams/ Early 944

SoCal, this might be right up your alley. The wiper and turn signal connect together, and as I presume, the high beams are actually activated via the wiper portion of the two assemblies. Here's where it goes south, I separated them. The stalk, and hook that reaches from the signal indicator (high beam) to the wiper switch is where more problems arise. There's a housing that contains a spring and some plastic peices, I have now idea how to re-assemble them. Yes, I should not have opened it up, hind sight is 2020, but I did find the spring. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The catch on the high beam/turn signal arm has to latch into the switch on the washer section. If the switch has stopped working or come apart you have to replace the washer assembly if not both.

About $30 each. Then these last 15 to 20 years.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Crap, I was hoping you could tell me what pieces go where. Catch is in good shape all the stuff works, cept the mechanism in the washer assembly that operates the highs. Oh well. Got a VeeDub part# that can save my fold?
Old 02-09-2004, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Think the used parts in the garage have VW stamps on them too.

Look a lot alike.

I've not taken one of the high/low beam switches apart. These seem to last longer that the catches in the turnsignal and washer parts.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-09-2004, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: