Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post regular tire on space saver rim???

Has anyone ever put a regular tire (i.e. not the space spacer type) - say 215/60/15 on those space saver rims? I was wondering if it's possible to remove the space saver tire, mount a regular tire, and not damage anything in the process. I ask because I want to use them temporarily (including some periodic driving from one local spot to another). Thanks, Dean

Old 10-08-2001, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
No, you can't do it.

Porsche, through and through
Tim
'83 944

My Photo Page
My Home Page

Old 10-08-2001, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Smile

How about riding on 4 spare tires? jk
Old 10-09-2001, 01:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by marksportcts:
How about riding on 4 spare tires? jk
I thought about that - I already have 3 of them, and only need to find one more for a reasonable price. Thanks for input - Dean
Old 10-09-2001, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have myself taken the collapsible spare off the rim and put it on a 5.5X15 Fuchs, many times. Not easy, but can be done. The 5.5 Fuchs makes for a sweet spare wheel in a 911 (of course you have to weld beads to the 5.5 so that it will hold the tubeless spare).
In the other direction, I think it is Gary Emory who used 4 spare rims (the aluminum ones with round holes) with std tires on one of his own cars.
So I'd say it CAN be done, both directions.
GeorgeK

Old 10-09-2001, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: