Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Spare tire & jack questions

I've had my car for about 4 months now, but everytime i'm on the computer I forget to come here and ask:
Where is the jack located on the car? Is it supposed to be in the spare tire well, cause mine isn't?
Also, the spare tire is flat. Was my car suppose to have come with an electric cigarrete lighter air pump or something?
Please don't bash me too hard!
THANKS!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The car is supposed to come with a portable compressor. I cant remember about the jack. I have the manual but i'm out in the shop at the moment and the manual is in the house.

My wife is doing something for us special for V day and has forbidden me to enter the house for a little while. She handed me beer and said "don't come in or I will break it off". Whatever that means

Maine 4x4 Club www.maine4x4.org
Old 02-13-2004, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

20 bucks will get you a compressor a many auto part stores

coastal cruzer
Old 02-13-2004, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
The jack sits on a little tang that's just behind where the spare tire sits. The stock ones are very light (some crazy lightweight aluminum alloy). You have to open the jack a bit to place it on or take it off the tang. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find one at a junkyard or someplace. Good luck.

Black Cars Matter
Old 02-14-2004, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

the aluminum jack goes to rear of spare; handle clips behind jack

get a $20 compressor and a valve core removal tool & keep in a ziplock bag.

to get tire to collapse competely and to resnap carpet over well it needs to deflate with core out for a day
Old 02-17-2004, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: