Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Burn the fire.

Garage
Desperate help needed from 78-82 924 owners and pre 85 944 owners

Indeed i am in need of serious help. I've begun re-wiring my car (as you might have seen the pics) and i now need to put the old relays back in. I have no idea which-way they go back in, nor how they re-connect. So...

If possible, can y'all take some digital pictures and post 'em online or here, of the fusebox/relay areas of your 78-82 924s and pre-85 944s? Preferably a closeup of the relays, the front of the fuseboxes and the backs of the fuseboxes (if possible).

It would be even more awesome if someone could come by my house and i just inspect their p-car to see how things re-assemble (Gordon? Hugh?). I'd offer up my hospitality and anything else i could do to make it worth your gas out here

I still have no haynes manual, and i doubt even if i did have one they wouldn't be good in explaining how the relays go back, in order.

Please, anyone who can help... I apprecieate it deeply.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 02-13-2004, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

dont have a digital camera, but does this help?
http://www.frwilk.com/early944/misc/relay.htm
maybe you can match up part numbers somehow?
Old 02-13-2004, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

http://944-world.com/earlyfusepanel.html
Old 02-13-2004, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
You bought a "project" car. If we told you step by step how to fix it you wouldn't be having "fun".

Thought you mentioned that the fuse/relay block had the other ends of the wires on it were the pot head cut them off. If this is the case you have to butt splice these to the wires that are hanging down.

You will have to make up your own diagrams/sketches as there are none that show where each wire goes onto the fuse/relay block connectors. At least you don't have to rewire a later model 944 that has the large fuse/relay block under the dash!

Try the www.924.org site for info.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
This will seriously help... Especially the diagram at 944 world and on FR Wilk's site.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 02-14-2004, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: