Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post 82/924 Performance Upgrades

After months of mostly pleasant work and more money than I ever imagined the 924 is running pretty well and being driven daily. Sure learned a lot.

Anyway, as the disease progresses you find yourself talking about performance upgrades. We are thinking of a few simple changes to get a little more power. Specifically, better ignition, exhaust headers and Obin's legendary throttle body replacement (already have the part-$10.00). I have a spare motor that has only 76,000 miles and had a valve job just before the previous owner gave up on the project. My thinking is to go thru this motor, do whatever else necessary, and drop it into the car this winter along with the mods listed above.

Any advice you guys could provide would be appreciated. I'm a reasonably good mechanic but my experience is limited to repairing things, not modifying for performance. Are the Bursch headers any good? I recall a post from a ways back that mentioned that they were hard to fit up. Who makes a good ignition upgrade? Do they have a 12 step program for people like us?

Thanks,

Jon Aborn

Old 10-11-2001, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: